We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

Hi, Appreciate your help please. Do Australian citizens require a visa to enter Thailand if staying less than 90 days. Also if I bring my samsung android phone from Australia will it be easy enough to get a sim card to use while in Thailand, are they expensive. My phone isunlocked. Hope to get some advice please.

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

You can get a 30 day visa waiver on entry by air, other wise obtain a 60 day tourist visa in advance.

Simcards are free at most airports or can be bought for about 49 baht.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,620 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

Australian citizens get a 30 day visa waiver on entry into Thailand by Air and 15 days if entry by land.

So if you are flying to Thailand and staying longer than 30 days you will need a visa.

You can get SIM cards at the airport and Tesco etc.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,210 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

How long will you be in Thailand? Got a round trip plane ticket or not?

thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/tourist-visa.php

thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/visa-exemption.php

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

Certain newer model phones have a microSIM so just make sure what type of SIM you do need.By default the free ones at the airport are usually standard size but all types should be available. How long exactly do you intend on staying there? This is important in determining your visa requirements.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

Re SIM - I bought a Happy Tourist DTAC sim for my galaxy s3 at BKK on arrival a week ago for 299 baht at their counter in the airport. Included unlimited Internet and was great. The staff at the DtAC counter swapped over the sims and did the phone setup for me. Quick, easy and had no problems with my phone for the week :)

Edited: 10 December 2013, 23:38
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

Hi, also you can top up for phone at 7/11s. They will do it for you with a smile.

cheers

Viv

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
937 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

This should answer your questions regarding sim cards: tripadvisor.co.uk/…50150033

8. Re: Do Australian citizens require visa & advice on mobile phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 05:17