We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ancient City

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ancient City

Hi

If I am going to take the BTS to the nearest station, which station would that be?

On Nut or Bearing.

Is there bus service from either of these stations?

Many thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ancient City

Bearing, take a taxi for about 50 baht.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ancient City

Hi Marley,

I loved Ancient City... make sure you charge your camera battery the night before if you're into taking pictures! Also recommend the Erawan Museum after you've finished exploring Ancient City - it is about a 20 minute taxi ride from there and just exquisite!

You can rent a golf cart at Ancient City very cheaply, and travel around the paved cart paths and stop wherever you want to explore the buildings. Bicycles can be rented but it gets very hot! Also, there is a bus that travels around the sites, but I don't recommend it as it only stops for about 5-10 minutes at each place, and not nearly enough time to explore. The golf cart is much more fun!There is a map offered, when you buy your ticket, but I just went wherever I felt like, on the complex - there are paths going off in all directions and wonderful things to see. There is a gift shop by the floating market with some really nice things to buy; check behind the counter for unusual things... You can buy water and food there, but I recommend taking some water and a hat and sunscreen with you.

I spent about 2 hours there but it would be easy to spend double that time.

The landscaping is wonderful and the sites in this huge complex are fantastic - wonderful detail and I'd go back in a heartbeat! Enjoy!

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Ancient City

Where is this Ancient City

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,417 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ancient City

Bearing BTS to Ancient city: http://goo.gl/maps/dA06g

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ancient City

Many thanks!

6. Re: Ancient City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:16