We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency exchange

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Currency exchange

I am planning to visit Bangkok after two days.

What aprox exchange rate will I get for a dollor ?

And for euro ?

At airport will it be less ?

Please suggest.

Anoop

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,782 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency exchange

When you do a forum search you will get hundreds of posts on this same subject.

Rates change every working day, even more than once a day.

Find your currency on this link. You get a better rate in Thailand for most Western currencies.

…daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

From FAQ's on the side:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

"At airport will it be less ?"

You will have to change something at the airport to pay for taxis, etc. The rate should be better than you get at home. No need to change every dollar or euro you have all at one time. A day later other banks may have a better rate. (Or worse rate.)

Edited: 21 December 2013, 03:32
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency exchange

It will be better if you exchange your currency in the city, the current exchange rate against dollar varies b/w 31-32 bahts and euro varies b/w 41-42 bahts.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,782 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency exchange

You have to change something at the airport to pay for transportation.

Rates change often. Small differences between various banks, etc. Don't waste more money on taxi fares chasing down that "better" rate than what you get in the exchange.

If you plan on changing thousands of dollars at one time consider that the "good rate" you search out one day may be less than what all banks have a few days later.

…daytodaydata.net/default.aspx

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,280 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency exchange

Please read our FAQ: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s601/Thailand…

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Currency exchange

I would suggest going to VASU MONEY EXCHANGE, its in SUKHUMVIT SOI 7. Vasu always provides higher rate than bank exchange booths. It would be better for you to exchange dollar in the city rather than airport, you will always get lower rate at the airport.

Have a wonderful trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
382 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Currency exchange

Regards exchange rates at Suvarnabhumi from the bank based kiosks say Siam? Tell me does the rumour persist that the deal is better at Siam at the city ? I was told that Siam at the Bangkok airport or anywhere else has the same networked electronic exchange posting. Of course there are less widely available exchange spots that do a bit better. Otherwise please advise where in the old city of Chiang Mai I can get a rate that makes my day!

Most grateful and Seasons Greetings and a Happy New Year.

Changzhou, China
Level Contributor
7 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Currency exchange

For Dollars and Euros you will get an OK exchange rate at the airport. For UAE currency you will get a terrible rate. All exchange is controlled in the airport, including ATM's. All banks must use the same rate. You will get a better rate in town, particularly for larger transactions.

Dubai
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Currency exchange

Thanks for all your advise.

9. Re: Currency exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:17