We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Visa Question

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
572 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Visa Question

I tried to search for this but didn't find any. I'm heading to SEA in February and going for over a month starting in Singapore. I'm heading into Thailand from Malaysia by land and exploring southern Thailand, Krabi, Phuket and etc for a week or a bit more and then heading to Bangkok for another week. Then I'll be going to Cambodia by land and into Saigon Vietnam. I'm flying back to Bangkok for another week and then from Bangkok fly to Japan.

I was wondering if I would have any problem with my visa? I read that by land, you only have 15 days, by air you get 30. I just want to know if I will run into any problem with my route. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Visa Question

It all depends on your nationality. If you hold a US passport you can now get a 30 day visa waiver stamp every time you enter Thailand, whether by land or air.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
572 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Visa Question

I do hold a US Passport. Thank you! Just wanted to make sure since it's only about a month away.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Visa Question

Yep, what Mike said! The rules changed a couple of months ago meaning all passport holders from the G8 nations (US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Japan and Italy) now get 30 days (and 30 days exactly, not 1 month) on all land and air borders.

Safe travels :)

4. Re: Quick Visa Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:17