We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help need! transportation and schedule issue

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Help need! transportation and schedule issue

Good day! I am scrambling to make an itinerary for 4 guest that will be traveling to Thailand for 4 days from dec 27- dec 30

They will be arriving on two separate flights: 1 pax at 12:30pm and the 3 at 9:30 pm but all will be staying at IMM fusion sukhumvit hotel

#1: for the 1 person who will be arriving early, i recommended ARL city line just pay as you go. is this a good option?

#2: for the other 3, they will be sharing a taxi. since it will be late at night (I presume around 10pm) is it okay that they do not take the expressway anymore? i also read that the taxi normally just fits 2 people and not 4, what kind of taxis do they have that cannot fit 5 people in 5 seats?

For dec 27(sat): they will be on a temple city tour until 2 pm.calypso cabaret show at 8:30pm

dec 28 (sunday) : go on the floating market and river kwai.

dec 29(monday): free time to do shopping and maybe just 1 museum (jim thompson or national museum)

ps. do you think that it is advisable to then go do the chatuchak weekend market on Dec 27? or I can move their free time on dec 28?

for getting around in 1 day: do you think it is advisable to buy the rabbit card for the BTS station? Or better just to pay as you go?

For going to asiatique from their hotel, is it better to take the taxi or take the BTS station going to the pier for the free boat ride?

Many thanks to the TA members who will be answering this!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,205 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help need! transportation and schedule issue

Chatuchak better done first thing in the morning.

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help need! transportation and schedule issue

There is a BTS station close to their hotel and it will be a lot faster than taking a taxi to get to Asiatique.

The ARL does go near that hotel so there are a coupl of options:

a) Taxi all the way - there is an expressway exit close to the hotel.

b) ARL to Phaythai, then BTS to Onuch, but IMO it will take the same time or longer. The BTS has no baggage space and can get very crowded.

Taxis comfortably fit 3 people - but there is very little space for bags as the trunk (boot) has a large natural gas tank. There are some larger van type taxis.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help need! transportation and schedule issue

thank you for your reply!

I am trying to cram as much info as possible into their "guide" right now.

what about going around central bangkok area?

example: from hotel close to "on nut" to "siam square". will it be better to just take a taxi for the 4 of them or just use the BTS?

example 2: from 'on nut" station to ratchathewi. they need to meet up at asia hotel for the canary travel tour group. chan emailed to say I have to be there at 8am and 6:30am on the next day

cassnu, I wanted chatuchak first thing in the morning as well. but i read that the floating market has to be done during the weekend and the first day is booked for temples already =(

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help need! transportation and schedule issue

The bts will be faster than a taxi to get to Siam. The traffic on Sukhumvit is usually always quite heavy and slow moving, and Onuch is quite a way from Siam.

The downside to the bts is that it can be crowded and you may have to stand some or all of the way.

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help need! transportation and schedule issue

The bts will be faster than a taxi to get to Siam. The traffic on Sukhumvit is usually always quite heavy and slow moving, and Onuch is quite a way from Siam.

The downside to the bts is that it can be crowded and you may have to stand some or all of the way.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help need! transportation and schedule issue

Unless they have very large suitcases they will fit 3 people in a taxi (all in the back with front seat used for luggage) there are also some larger taxis available. For the sake of the 70THB I would pay the expressway.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,675 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help need! transportation and schedule issue

Hi,

The one person travelling from the airport to the Im Fusion hotel could take bus 552 from the airport transportation centre.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help need! transportation and schedule issue

Thanks for all of your replies! I have given them their final itinerary and recommended that the first one to get there take the 552 bus and 3 of them arriving at a later hour take the taxi upon arrival.

9. Re: Help need! transportation and schedule issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:17