We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overstay Fine

Oxford, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Overstay Fine

I overstayed by 30 days on my last visit (Oct 2013), I thought I had a 60 day visa, but actually only had 30. I passed through Border control without issue, and on return to UK successfully obtained a new 6 month visa without the unpaid fine being mentioned.

I now worry that on my return to Thailand next week the border on entry will pick up the mistake and either heavily fine me, or even I end up in jail....

Oxford, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Overstay Fine

I stress this fine was NOT PAID (as I was unaware and it was overlooked)

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overstay Fine

Its unlikely you'll have a problem on your return.

jersey
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overstay Fine

You'll probably be fine, just DON'T mention it to anyone!

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,044 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overstay Fine

If fined you will just have to pay it, I doubt you would be jailed.

But reckon you will be ok.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overstay Fine

If you are "caught",you are told at the time and have to pay immediately....you will be fine.

Thailand
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overstay Fine

Thailand would not spend a single cent putting you in jail, for which they'd have to feed you daily. More likely it'll try to extort money from you. Wisest imo to stay away for some time; say until you renew your passport.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overstay Fine

not your mistake. one that hardly gets missed I guess ur a lucky exception. u already have a new 6 month visa then your fine. if your worried keep 30,000 baht available for overstay but you will be okay. come back to this next week and let us know how it went.

I've overstayed twice as post 5 says, they will let u know if you did.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overstay Fine

The fine is B500 per day to a Max of B20,000.

B500 x 30days = B15,000. So have that handy just in case.

9. Re: Overstay Fine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:17