We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

We arrive into Bangkok on 9 July and have 6 nights to play with. Initially we were going to head to Phuket, but my girls love Bangkok so we have decided to give Phuket a miss, but would still like to explore somewhere we haven't been so despite all the bad press was thinking of heading to Pattaya area for 2-3 nights as soon as we land at Swampy. Looking at staying at the Centara north of Pattaya, but wondering what it's like around the Centara Hotel, are there plenty of little places to eat, markets etc. Don't mind heading into Pattaya itself late afternoon/early evening but want to avoid anything not appropriate for our girls aged 10 and 8. Any advice welcome

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Centara Pattaya Hotel
Centara Pattaya Hotel
827 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,901 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

Hi Cassnu, if you haven't already seen it, I highly recommend you see the Sanctuary of Truth temple during your stay in Pattaya.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

Thanks Skeezix. Pattaya would never be my first choice in Thailand, but there are a couple of places that seem worth visiting and I thought the Centara would be good fun for the kids. I was also looking at Kanchanaburi but will save that for another time.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi
Kanchanaburi Province, Thailand
Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,901 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

There's a good zoo in Pattaya that has a monorail, I think, that the kids would probably like, and you could always take a ferry over to the small island off shore - Koh Larn - the kids could build sandcastles and the boat ride would be fun. Just some thoughts...

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

Thanks Skeezix. Zoos in Thailand are not somewhere we generally head to as they are usually pretty upsetting for us, but definitely looking at Temple of Truth and Mini Siam. We we will be exhausted from a hectic 2 weeks in the UK and the overnight journey as well, so that will probably be enough for us.

Mentioned in this post
The Siam
The Siam
724 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

I suggest Nong nooch botanic garden. There are lots of flower, PLANT,butterfly,elephane,and many thing for family to visit and enjoy the day. There are skywalk all around the garden for you to visit garden from above.

And even have tree top observation deck. have big pool full of large fish. U will love it. I PROMISE.

http://www.nongnoochtropicalgarden.com/

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

Thanks KhawOAT K, sounds good.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

Lots of Russian and Eastern European families seem to over run Pattaya, so you will be fine in with children Cassnu and its not as sleazy as some people make out.

When my Thai GF comes over from Bangkok its usually Koh Larn an excellent 30 Baht trip over in the ferry boat. Other things to do early evening is check out 2 or 3 very good shopping malls my favourite being Central Festival. This mall has a massive food court at the bottom, several floors of very good shopping and a cinema at the top. There's also good malls at Royal Garden Plaza and Mikes shopping mall.

Be sure to make use of the 10 Baht buses and get familiar with there routes. They will drop of anywhere along Beach Rd. Have a look at Jomtien Beach which is reached by 2 x Baht buses. We like the Pattaya Beer Garden for early evening meals. Get right to the back and you will get decent, reasonable price food with excellent views across the bay.

Mentioned in this post
Pattaya
Pattaya
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

Thanks RoverEngland. I'm not so worried about the sleazy side as I've spent time in Phuket previously and don't think it's that bad, but it sounds like there's plenty to do in Pattaya if we do decide to head there for a few days. I'm more worried about the Eastern Europeans as I've found them extremely rude when I've been in Samui etc.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,767 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

Not really sleazy - pretty sedate during the day and just a bigger version of Patong. Anything off usually need to look for it rather than stumble upon it. The worst you will see on Walking Street is ladyboys and the Russian gogo girls dancing in the glass box trying to entice people to visit there Gogo.

Market - Soi Buakhao Market on Tues and Fri Evening is worth looking at if it fits your schedule.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,145 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pattaya and Bangkok 6 days?

Thanks Britmaveric, the Friday evening would be good for us.