We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
82 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

Hi All,

Need some information regarding Visa On Arrival.

I Hold an Indian Passport and i will be travelling from Delhi and Krabi will be final destination..

I would be travelling on Thai Airways,Below is my travel details:-

Flight:- TG 316 From Delhi to Bangkok

It will reach bangkok at 06:20 hrs

Then i have another flight to Krabi(Thai Airways)

TG 2243 from Bkk to Krabi

Timings: - 11:10 (Bkk) - 12:30 (Krabi)

I am looking for a Visa On Arrival. My question is that once i land in Bangkok will i go through the immigration and will need to take the visa on arrival from there

or

I will need to catch the krabi flight without passing from Immigration. And then when arrived at Krabi airport will i get the Visa on Arrival

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

Presumably you will arrive at Suvarnabhumi airport (BKK) on your international flight, then have to go to Don Mueang (DMK) for your internal flight? Check the airport codes BKK or DMK on your tickets.

Just go through immigration as normal and you will get a 30 days visa waiver. Collect your luggage, then outside to catch the bus transfer (shuttle or bus 555) to the old airport where you will have to check in and go through customs again.

4hrs 50m between flights might seem a lot of time but it is not.

Thai Airways doing this has lost them thousands of passengers.

If both flights are via Suvarnabhumi airport, your luggage will go straight through to Krabi where you will get your visa.

Edited: 01 January 2014, 14:22
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

kaneda, thats WRONG. The OP is from India and will not get a 30 visa waiver. He needs a visa.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,992 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

All Thai Airlines flights, international AND domestic, are out of Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK). The OP will NOT have to change airports. BOTH Bangkok airports handle international and domestic, but Low Cost Carriers fly out of Don Muang DMK (international AND domestic).

Explorer, you will be getting your VOA in Bangkok, but Thai will check your luggage through to Krabi.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
97 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

Well my experience is a little different. Thai airways will check the baggage through to Krabi only when you already have a visa at the time of check in in India. If you are going for VOA, you'll have to collect the baggage at BKK and then again check in for Krabi.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

Dear all,

I am planning to visit Bangkok-Pattaya in July, 2014.

This would be my first overseas visit from India.

Can you please guide me what are the requirements for Visa on Arrival for Indian Nationals?

According to my knowledge, I need to have my passport, confirmed return tickets, hotel stay confirmations for the period of stay and passport size photographs.

Do they ask for bank statements or any other document like that?

I am sure there must be some posts on this topic earlier as well but I just wanted some latest updates and changes if any.

Any other relevant information shall also be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,992 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

You've got everything covered, except the visa fee is 1000 baht and you MAY have to show that you have 10,000 baht or equivalent in cash for travel expenses (20,000 baht for a family).

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

Okay

Thanks a lot bill2p.

8. Re: Visa requirement Delhi-Bangkok-Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 07:15