We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very confused, please help

Nicosia, Nicosia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Very confused, please help

I have been studying the Chao Phraya Express Boat website (chaophrayaexpressboat.com/en/…timetable).

I've figured out the routes, but I'm a bit confused about the timetable. For example, what time is the very last Orange Flag ferry for the evening, heading north from Sathorn Taksin to Pier 13 (Phra Arthit) on weekdays? (How does this work? It says in the website "Orange Flag , S3 - N30, 16.00 - 19.00". Does that mean that the last boat leaves Pier S3 at 16.00 and reaches Pier N30 at 19.00, in which case it should be at the Sathorn Taksin Pier around 16.20? Or does "16.00 - 19.00" mean that the last ferry leaves Pier S3 at 19.00 and should reach Sathorn Taksin Pier around 19.20?)

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,792 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very confused, please help

Hi Christiana

I used the orange flag boat to and from Pier 13 in December. There is a ticket sale desk at Pier 13 and the lady speaks enough English to help with times etc. and is very helpful. There is also a large timetable at that pier.

I hadn't used river transport in Bangkok before and found it really straightforward once I was there.

Trisha

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
881 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very confused, please help

Hi Christina H,

What is meant, is that there is a boat leaving every 10 minutes between 16:00-19:00 (4:00-7:00pm) from S3, the last one being at 19:00 (7:00 pm) my experience with some of the later boats is that they do not stop at all the stops unless you are on the dock waiting or let the boat mate know that you need to get off. On the later boats they will come around and collect the fare from you right on the boat. Sathorn Taksin (central pier) is a main stop, so they should stop there for sure. Sorry I can't tell you how long of a trip it is from S3 to Sathorn Taksin but I would make sure I was there early so as not to miss the last boat if that is your plan. It should take about 30-40 minutes to get to Pier 13 (Phra Arthit), also a main stop, depending upon how quick and how many stops are made in-between. Afternoon and early evening boats stop at every pier. If your goal is Khao San Rd. and you need to get back to S3 pier area, taxi will be your only option at night. Since it a tourist area look for a taxi away from Khao San Rd. to find one that will use a meter, (this may take awhile) those around Khao San Rd will only take you at a set price, well over what a metered taxi will charge. Hopefully I did not confuse your more. Have a great trip!

Nicosia, Nicosia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very confused, please help

Thanks for the explanation, it's starting to make sense now :)

Nicosia, Nicosia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very confused, please help

Actually the master plan is to get the last orange ferry (at 19:00 if I understand correctly) from Tha Chang (Pier 9, close to the Sanam Luang Park), sail south into the sunset and get off at the Memorial Bridge (Pier 6) for the Flower Market.

5. Re: Very confused, please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:17