We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

New Delhi, India
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

Me and my husband are traveling to Bangkok, Thailand for a wedding and will be staying at Anantara Riverside Resort. We will be busy in wedding for 2 days but we do have a day free for ourselves. I would like to know what would be best to do in a day in bangkok? I am planning on a day tour to pattaya. Will that be worth? Any best tours there? Or should we do something else. Is there any other beach/island we should visit rather than pattaya?

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

I would not take a day trip to Pattaya! That's for sure. It's not that it isn't a good place to see. I would want to travel on a boat along the river to see the Grand Palace and other sights in that area, and then maybe to go Asiatique Night Bazaar, which is almost just across the river from your hotel. Lots of food, shopping, etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

Start by reading the FAQ - FAQ What To See & Do on the right.

I would not visit Pattaya for a day.

Sayre, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

wife and i stayed at the anantara in 2012. it's gorgeous and the breakfast buffet is AMAZING! i agree... take the river boat up and down to see the different temples/markets. then stop off the river at the nearest BTS station and head east for some other great shopping sites

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

Take the Nonthaburi Express Boat from Saphan Taksin pier. Your hotel has a free shuttle to the pier. The trip up river is one of the very best excursions any visitor can do in Bangkok. By the way the cost is 15 baht. Nothing in Bangkok comes cheaper than this fascinating trip.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 02:10
Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

Hi, a visit to the Royal Palace Wat Pho and Wat Arun shouldn't be missed on any visit to Bangkok and you can easily do this by express boat.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,227 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

I second Exchef take the orange flag 15B boat to destination end Nonthaburi. Its about one hour journey from Taksin pier. Many good photo's can be taken from the river, the temples and wats, the splendid bridges, and the beautiful sunsets around 5.30pm-6.15pm. Nonthaburi is a quant market town with a big prison and many bicycle Rickshaws riding around. Also if you get time have a look at Koh Kret an island in the middle of the estuary.

Asiatique is well worth a visit early evening on the many free shuttle boats that are available.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

Another vote for the ferry to Nonthaburi.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,097 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

If this is your first visit, then I would certainly suggest you to visit Grand Palace and not to miss shopping at Pratunam markets. Indians love shopping at Bangkok.

Have a look at my review for GP and if you have specific question for shopping, then do ask here.

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d3176…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

We recently stayed at the Anantara Riverside and absolutely loved it. It is a beautiful hotel with a very resort-like feel. A welcome retreat after sightseeing in the busy city. The hotel has complimentary shuttles (on great boats) every 30 minutes to Thaksin Pier and every 15 minutes to Asiatique. From Thaksin Pier, you can catch the orange flag ferry to the Grand Palace (super easy & only 15 baht), Wat Pho and Wat Arun. You can also exit the pier directly into the skytrain station which we easily took to Siam Paragon and Terminal 21 shopping malls. We also really enjoyed Asiatique. It has a lot of restaurant options and fairly varied shopping. Enjoy!

10. Re: What to see around Anantara riverside resort in bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:16