We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bankok Airport

Exeter, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Bankok Airport

My daughter will have a rucksack too large as plane hand luggage. When collecting at Baggage reclaim, is there a danger drugs may be secreted in it?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,954 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bankok Airport

Is this a joke or have you been listen to old wives tales ??

The answer is No the will be no drugs put in her bags.

Edited: 12 January 2014, 16:55
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bankok Airport

No.

(I have a TSA lock on the suitcase that I check in.....I have NEVER locked it and have visited BK 6 times.)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bankok Airport

If she/you are that worried, tell her to wrap the bag in plastic before checking in. Most airports will have those machines.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,633 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bankok Airport

She should personally inspect the bag before leaving the house. Keep the bag with her or within sight all the time until turned over to the ticket agent. (Probably more likely a family member would set her up with drugs than any Thai official.)

When she picks up her pack it is before customs check.. She can check again if she is really concerned. There is no need for police to set up young tourists because there are so many stupid visitors who make it easy to get caught all by themselves!

If your daughter is traveling with dopers they are the ones who may set her up!

I don't use locks on my checked in bags. I do use plastic electricians cable ties to secure the zippers.

www.cabletiesandmore.com/cableties.php…

She will need a small bag to hold the stuff she takes on the plane. Make sure any fluids (including perfume, cologne, toothpaste) do not exceed allowed limits. (For carry on, no problem taking toothbrush, book to read, passport, computer, cell phone, medicine, makeup, etc.) No passport or money in the checked in bag!

5. Re: Bankok Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:18