We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean budget hotels around Soi 11

London, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Clean budget hotels around Soi 11

Hi all

I can only see Citrus 13 as looking stylish and cheap, but reviews seem not very good these days - suggesting it is a bit dirty and things are broken.

I want somewhere boutiquey but under £40 if possible!

I am undecided on Boutique Residence 63 in Ekamai - I've heard Thonglor is a cool area but Ekamai a little quiet (I know they are only 10 mins walk apart), and whilst near Skytrain I wondered if it would be better to be around Nana/Asok and then i'm in the middle - so can always taxi it at night for Thonglor, and equally get a taxi to Khao San one night too.

Looking for somewhere fun but not too trashy!

thanks

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,443 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clean budget hotels around Soi 11

It sounds to me like you would like Thonglor Ekamai. They're both the same constellation, really, and a lot of the action is in the sois between the two. But not as concentrated as Soi 11. http://www.thonglor-ekamai.com

Have a look at Citichic. I stayed there once but just after it opened, and that's now a few years back. http://www.citichichotel.com/index.html

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,100 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clean budget hotels around Soi 11

Citadines Sukhumvit 11 might be worth a look

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g293916-d6275…

London, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clean budget hotels around Soi 11

Thanks both

Whats the vibe around Sukhamvit compared with say Thonglor then? Is it really touristy around Soi 11? I've heard its good for going out (good) but don't want to stay there if it is the equivalent of London's Leicester Square - hideous tourist trap.

Thanks!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,015 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clean budget hotels around Soi 11

"Whats the vibe around Sukhamvit compared with say Thonglor then? Is it really touristy around Soi 11?...."

Not sure what happens around Leicester Square but from Sukhumvit Soi 11 you can walk to the Nana Skytrain stop for rides to other parts of the city. Walk to malls, restaurants, street vendors, supermarkets, nightlife etc. This is a lively area to the middle of the night. Very popular area. Some tourists may consider this a tourist trap but others will think they they found a gold mine. Many things are geared for tourists - extensive nightlife on Soi 4, cheap hotels, pubs, good restaurants easy access to rail service.

If you are looking for expensive trendy nightclubs check out the Ratchada area. Any place you go is what you make of it.

bangkok.com/ratchadapisek/nightlife.htm#clubs

There are cheaper hotels in the Sukhumvit Soi 11 area. Even the Suk 11 Hostel is in this area.

Good luck.

5. Re: Clean budget hotels around Soi 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:17