We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari Atrium Phetchaburi Road

London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Amari Atrium Phetchaburi Road

I need to stay one night in Bangkok before my flight back to the UK on Friday morning (17th). I was looking at the Amari Atrium as it's close to the airport link at Makkasan, but on the downside it's also close to Asoke / Sukhumvit where some of the protests are happening. Is that advisable given the shutdown or should I just stay near Suvarnabhumi? Thanks for any advice!

Mentioned in this post
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit
1,839 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amari Atrium Phetchaburi Road

It is nowhere near Asoke. It is on Phetburi Rd. , one MRT stop from Asoke junction/main protest area. You can walk to MRT station and then onto Makkasan. Unless you have a reason to be in town, why not stay near the airport since you have a morning flight. ARL services start only at 6 am.

Edited: 14 January 2014, 15:27
Mentioned in this post
MRT
MRT
2,176 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amari Atrium Phetchaburi Road

You could easy get a taxi to Amari Atrium from the airport, You will not come across any road blocks.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
6,236 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amari Atrium Phetchaburi Road

The Atrium, I think it no longer an Amari, is a good 2-3km from the Asoke/sukhumvit junction.

Its a 15min walk to get to MRT Petchaburi and ARL Makkasan. A taxi will have plenty of routes to get you to the airport, none of which requires going anywhere near asoke/suk (wrong direction).

Mentioned in this post
MRT
MRT
2,176 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
London, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amari Atrium Phetchaburi Road

Thank you very much all, that's very good advice - I know the hotel and the rough area but wasn't sure whether that end of Asoke would be affected. By the sounds of it I'll be alright and will just go for it. Thanks again!

5. Re: Amari Atrium Phetchaburi Road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 07:19