We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed - due to stay in Bangkok tomorrow night.

Somerset UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Advice needed - due to stay in Bangkok tomorrow night.

Hi there, We are due to fly back in to Bangkok via Don Muang tomorrow lunchtime for one last nights stay before we fly back to the UK the next evening. we'd planned on staying back in Khosan area but now I'm wondering if we will have issues getting in to Bangkok and back out again for our return flight to next evening? I've looked at the maps and can't decide if it's going to give us a problem or not. Just wondered if someone with more up to date and local knowledge could give me some advice, or ideas of other areas which might be a better to stay.

thanks in advance

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed - due to stay in Bangkok tomorrow night.

Taxis are available to/from the airports. Traffic is "light" for Bangkok in my opinion(I just left this morning and am at HK airport waiting for my flight back to NY.)

Last Friday(I believe), I asked a taxi to take me to the KSR area(from lower Sukhumvit) and he said that there were too many people there and that he could not. This was PRIOR to the start of the "shutdown".

You can definitely stay on lower Sukhumvit. As I said..taxis are available and it took me just under 30 minutes from Soi 15 to the airport this morning...

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed - due to stay in Bangkok tomorrow night.

Personally I would stay very low sukhumvit like soi 1 to 18. This is because you can have access to the express way to and from both airports. Also sukhumvit has many activities to do on your last night but beware it be very quiet.

Somerset UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed - due to stay in Bangkok tomorrow night.

Great, thanks for the advice, just looked at the park plaza which is not far from stations as suggested. Seems nice enough. Thanks again Rachel

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,988 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed - due to stay in Bangkok tomorrow night.

Also check out the Landmark hotel. Lower Sukhumvit and just across the road from Nana BTS station.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice needed - due to stay in Bangkok tomorrow night.

Hi rachel

we always stay in the Park Plaza when in Bangkok, and recommend it highly. It is near skytrain and underground, and is a really comfortable hotel. They have a guest lounge with free juice, coffe snacks and fruit (1st floor I think from memory) They also have a nice rooftop pool to relax in before your overnight flight. Enjoy your trip

6. Re: Advice needed - due to stay in Bangkok tomorrow night.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:17