We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orient thai airlines

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
180 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Orient thai airlines

Hi. Flying from bangkok to phuket next month and the cheapest flight is with orient thai airlines. Does anyone have any experience with this airline. My other option is Nok airlines.

Thanks

stockport
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Orient thai airlines

travelled with both airlines, and there isnt much differance, budget airline, cheap and cheerful

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orient thai airlines

nok air would be a better bet as they have newer planes where as orient thai has older planes

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Orient thai airlines

Orient Thai used to own One-Two-Crash. Had their service suspended in the past for 'due to failure to train, failure to have a safety program and failure to supervise safe flight, check ride fraud and breaking the law at Orient Thai and One-Two-GO' (from Wiki)

I would go with Nok.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orient thai airlines

I there's not much difference in price I would go with Nok but you can get reviews of both airlines on the www.airlinequality.com website.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orient thai airlines

#4 I think the OP is asking for opinions from fellow TA members - I am sure they can find those airline review websites on Google if they wish

Nok Air are very nice indeed, my choice for budget airline, have not flown Orient Thai but many people do.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orient thai airlines

I would pay attention to #3. Orient Thai is on my black list, also. I won't fly them (or check their offerings). I watched the news of the crash in horror, and followed the revelations about Orient Thai with disgust. No indication of improvements is in evidence - just of hoping the publicity would go away.

Note that Orient Thai's capacity for making up for an equipment failure is tiny. Nowhere near the capacity to back up equipment problems that Nok or AirAsia have.

Thailand
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orient thai airlines

I thought Orient Thai had ceased to exist, with all the crashes and accidents. Used them long time ago. Was a just-so budget airline.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
180 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orient thai airlines

Thanks for the replies. Nok airlines it is. I always value personal opinions more than information found online but thank you for the link #4

9. Re: Orient thai airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 06:19