We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok travel

Newcastle, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bangkok travel

Hey guys,

I know this question has been addressed a few times however I have an extra question I would like too ask! I am travailing too Thailand in June for a friends wedding and because we are heading to Phuket for a buckshow before the wedding my girlfriend is meeting me at Koh Samui, here is where I am running into a problem.

My girlfriend isn't the most experience traveler and is very quite, the concern I have is we have book her flight from Sydney too Bangkok, then jumping on an air asia flight from Bangkok too Koh Samui, at the time of booking we did not realise that she would have to fly too a different location then jump on a bus and finally onto a ferry.

My question is, has anyone done this with air asia? Is it clear which bus and ferry you are getting on? Do you have any advice for her as she is quite worried about this part of the trip being alone and having to jump on a bus and ferry!

My other question is where in Koh Samui will this ferry dock?

Thanks in advance, I have been reading this site during all my planing and you guys have been so helpful!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok travel

Hi Mat,

Try posting your question in the Samui forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293918-i7560-Koh_…

Plenty of people have reached Samui via Air Asia to the mainland. It's a longer trip than the direct flight with BKK airways but I'm sure her fare was a good deal cheaper. I think you'll find the ferry arrives in Nathon which is a fair distance to Chaweng and even further to Lamai.

Cheers

Edited: 20 January 2014, 22:51
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok travel

Hi

Air Asia fly to mainland Surat Thani province which koh Samui belong to. The bus to pier will take approximately 1 1/2 hours and ferry 1 1/2 hour. Your girlfriend won't have a problem finding g bus or ferry as she will be directed by ground staff at the airport.

Air Asia co operate with Raja ferry so she will be dock at LIPA NOI pier NOT Nathon pier as stated above.

From the pier if she worried to get to the hotel. May i suggest she contract private diver in advance www.mrsamui.webnode.com or www.samuiislandexplorer.com/

Cheers,

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok travel

For got to add Lipa Noi pier are closer to Lamai and further to chaweng beach.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,708 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok travel

Is she flying with Air Asia to Bangkok? If not, she will need to transfer from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Don Muang Airport as well.

Newcastle, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok travel

Hey guys sorry for the long reply,

Sweetpea thanks a lot for your information, I will be meeting her at the port so I won't worry to much about a driver. But everything else you said sounds good and should work out well.

Cassnu she is flying with Air Asia to Bangkok, thats the reason I wanted to book again with air asia to save her travelling between the two air ports, which would be even longer.

But I am confident thanks to you guys that she will have no problem, we will also have mobiles so we can stay in contact...

6. Re: Bangkok travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:18