We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangkok airport

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chichester
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
bangkok airport

hi im flying to new zealand and have a stop over in bangkok of 10hrs ive was thinking of booking a room a louis tavern to have shower power nap and breakfast ,i arrive at 8 am and have arranged for a guide to pick me up at 11.30 do a tour and have me back by 5.30 as next flight at 7.50pm just a bit concerned abaut getting my bags in to storage and finding way around airport as maps dont seem clear on net , maybe im just a bit of a worrier as first time there and alone so any tips or information would be gratefully recieved

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bangkok airport

Read FAQs on right side of this Bangkok forum page. Read "Connections and Domestic Arrivals."

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangkok airport

Hi, you won't have a problem finding the left luggage facilities as it's located on level 2 in the arrivals hall behind exit 4 but if you've booked a through ticket or on 2 airlines that code share then your luggage as far as I know should be checked through to New Zealand.

chichester
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bangkok airport

ok thanks that might be the case as all on one ticket which would be handy

thank you ,do you know anything abaut the louis tavern ? looked at some reviews just want shower and refresh but seem to be some conflicting advice abaut deposit for room ?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangkok airport

Andie, your proposal to have a guide pick you up at 11:30am and bring you back at 5:30pm will work.

If your bags are checked through, then you don't have to worry about them, if not you just leave them in the left luggage area opposite Gate 4 after coming through immigration and customs.

What won't work for you is the suggestion to book the Louis' Tavern room for breakfast.as Louis' Tavern is on the departure side and you intend leaving the airport.

I would suggest you have a bit of a wash and brush up in the toilet facilities either before or after you have cleared immigration. Best ones would be on Level one (taxi rank level) in the centre after immigration, then drop any excess baggage back up on level two. The Magic Food Point food hall is also located on Level One near to Gate 8, you can eat breakfast here.

On your return to the airport you will need to purchase a departure tax ticket for 700 Baht from the office at the rear of the check-in desks on Level 4.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bangkok airport

Departure tax ticket? Never heard of it. Never required in any of my departures from Thailand in past 10 years. The departure tax was added to the price of all tickets years ago.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bangkok airport

ravenret, markeewan is correct about the departure tax. If you leave the airport while in transit as the OP is planing to do then you have to pay the tax.

chichester
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bangkok airport

thanks think i might give hotel a miss as suggested ,i knew abaut tax so thats not a problem so thanks for all advice

8. Re: bangkok airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:18