We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mo Chit vs Chatuchak

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Mo Chit vs Chatuchak

I am looking at taking the new direct bus from Siem Reap to Bangkok. Reviews look very good for this company/route.

However, some reviews say they arrived at Mo Chit, and others state they arrived at Chatuchak. Is this the same terminal with different names?

Also, when I do arrive, is this terminal/station connected to the BTS, or will I need to hire a tuk tuk to take me to the nearest BTS station? I will need to get to Ratchathewi (NOT Ratchawithi).

Many thanks in advance. :o)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mo Chit vs Chatuchak

I think I've just found my answer. Should anyone else have the same question…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k3734…

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,173 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mo Chit vs Chatuchak

Chatuchak is the name of the district in northern Bangkok. For most tourists, it's also synonymous with Chatuchak Weekend Market. Mo Chit is the name of the northern terminus of the BTS Skytrain. Morchit (the name is identical in Thai) is the name of the northern bus terminal about 2 km away from the BTS station. It's often also referred to as Chatuchak bus station (mainly by locals). Chatuchak Park is an MRT (subway) station also in the neighbourhood. Get that straight? (Quiz on Monday.)

Take the BTS six stops to Ratchathewi. Get off at Victory Monument if you want to go to Ratchawithi.

Edited: 29 January 2014, 21:05
Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,640 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mo Chit vs Chatuchak

Hi,

From Ratchathewi you could take the 529 bus to the Mo Chit terminal. Whatever, do not try and walk there from Mo Chit BTS since there is no direct road/path.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mo Chit vs Chatuchak

Not recommended to walk. I have tried.

Take a taxi or a bus instead.

5. Re: Mo Chit vs Chatuchak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22