We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Intercontinental hotel

Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Intercontinental hotel

I am arriving into Don Muang airport tomorrow around 1PM and am wondering if any recent arrivals to Bangkok have found taxis reluctant to take fares to hotels near the protest areas. My hotel is listed at Ploen Chit Rd ,Pathum Wan .and since I do not know Bangkok at all,I do not know how how close the above address is to the protest areas. I realize the situation is unpredictable but if anyone reading this has recent experience,I would very much appreciate their input.

Thank you

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Intercontinental hotel

hi the taxi can't reach Intercontinetal hotel, but if taxi take express way (the tool fee is charge to the customer) can take you close enough

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,234 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Intercontinental hotel

The hotel is within the protest area. However, from the roadblock to the hotel it is a very short distance. The prorest guards manning the roadblock will allow traffic to the hotels inside this area pass. There are several hotels. In fact the guards put up a sign with hotel names on it, and it says that hotels can be accessed.

Dont worry, I have seen taxis going in/out.

To get around during your stay, you can access the BTS from the hotel should you prefer public transport to taxi.

Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Intercontinental hotel

Thank you .That is exactly what happened.The guards just waved us through.

4. Re: Taxi to Intercontinental hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:20