We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floating Market - Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Floating Market - Bangkok

I visited the floating market years ago and loved it but am told it is not so good now and not worth going to. Any opinions on that? Also how long does it take to get there from Bangkok and are there any recommended tours that are good to use? I seem to remember it being a very early start.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Floating Market - Bangkok

Check out Ampawa and see if it fits u. It's the only one I did since it's a later start. Stays open later on holidays and they offer side tours via small boats. About 90 minutes from Bangkok.

Worth it? Not really if u been once. I think u will get better response from other markets.

Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floating Market - Bangkok

Thank you for that

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Floating Market - Bangkok

My first trip to Amphawa was enjoyable. Went back, last month. I will never go again. The place has become too popular and is completely overrun. It has become a canal-side food court with a few pubs, the latter possibly contributing to its popularity.

Are you going to be in Bangkok over a weekend? Weekdays, you're pretty much limited to Damnoen Saduak,.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
4,235 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Floating Market - Bangkok

I think Ampawa is still good market I've been there last Month, if you arrive about 13:00 it's very nice no many Tourist tripadvisor.it/Attraction_Review-g1028071-d1…

Edited: 04 February 2014, 02:46
Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floating Market - Bangkok

I will be there over a weekend.

6. Re: Floating Market - Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 06:19