We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy a good backpack in Bangkok ?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
50 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Buy a good backpack in Bangkok ?

I have seen plenty of backpacks on sale all over Thailand but am not sure about the quality of stuff on sale.

Am looking for a 45 L backpack for this trip but don't want to spend too much as I have good ones lying at home which I can always use later,

Which would be the best place to buy something that is good quality and decently priced.

Suggestions on good brands to buy would be most helpful as well

Many thanks.....

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy a good backpack in Bangkok ?

You get what you pay for. But for just one trip a cheap one would do. At the end just leave it behind. Look in MBK?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
50 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy a good backpack in Bangkok ?

NomadicForever - thanks.... Are the better quality ones well priced in Bangkok ? If so ....which is the best place to buy them

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy a good backpack in Bangkok ?

If you go to e.g. Central dept. store sports section 4th fl. they have different brands, cheaper and high priced. It depends what you want it for. Siam Paragon sports dept. also has a good choice of makes and price range. Hard for me to say how prices compare. I dont know price in India. For me e.g. a Samsonite one I recently bought for around town was well priced compared to Europe.

4. Re: Buy a good backpack in Bangkok ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 06:17