We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
175 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Hi Forum Members

I realized i wont be able to do both?which one will you choose?

Shoe size i am 6-7 UK size, think Australian 8-9 and European 39-41, all depends on the shoes.

Will i find any in Platinum mall?

My husband is 9-10 UK size, Australian 9-10 (seems the same as UK) and European 43-44, he has a narrow feet so hoping to find shoes for him as well!

Platinum looks good in terms of accesories, shoes and bags, dont know if we will find clothing in Bangkok (i am size 10-12 UK, USD 8-10, and he same for him as well)

Will appreciate your feedback and views.

Thanks so much

Annika

Thanks

Annika

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Seems you are only interested in clothes and shoes so go to Platinum.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
175 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Hi Gippy3000, jip definately shoes, not so much clothes, and then bags and accessories, dont know when i will ever be in Bangkok again so i need to make use of the chance, we have booked tours for sightseeing, that is why shopping time is not so much!

Thanks

Annie

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,566 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

The shopping malls open till 22:00, so you can shop after sightseeing.

You should also try MBK for shopping.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
175 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Hi Dodger,

Thanks, we will definately go to MBK as well it is on the list, want to look for Jeans for the hubby and shoes, i have heard that its been a bit run down and things got very expensive but we will go there one day as well :)

Just so confusing all these shopping options, just hope i will find shoes for myself :)

Have a great day.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Chatuchak Market anytime. The clothes and souveniors there are unique, some of them are even handmade. We also loved that there were so many coffee stands and street vendors selling all kinds of food.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Platinum Mall is way more comfortable to shop in than Chatuchak. Air con makes all the difference. The food court is pretty good too. Love the floor of jewellery stores too. You will find those sizes there. I even saw plus size shops. Theres loads and loads of clothes at Platinum. I would go there instead of Chatuchak, plus its open every day.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,075 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Hi Annika,

My choice would be the Platinum Mall over Chatuchak for the reasons given by Julie B above. And, if you have the time do check out one or two Robinsons branches and a mall or two close to where you are staying.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
181 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Just to let you know we were on a way to Platinum Mall today, got off @Siam stop on the BTS and walked straight into a protest rally. We prefer safe than sorry so we got back onto the train asap. There went tents pitched so i don't know until when they are going to be around.

Edited: 16 February 2014, 16:00
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
175 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

Thanks for all the great advice, must admit i am not a huge heat person, having a heat wave in Cape Town now, and causing me lot of heat headaches!

WebsterJohnson - thanks so much, if we have time and i can fit it it we will go for coconut icecream maybe :)

Julie B & AjarnAndy - think i will go there on first songkran day, maybe to avoid most of being soaked whole day, and i will definately go check out Robinsons thanks so much!!

Vrtw - I hope by the time i get there mid April it will be over, our hotel is not so far from the mall, can just imagine i would have gotten back on the train as well, but thanks so much for the update, i hope closer to time things will get bit better as i am looking forward to the experience.

Annie

10. Re: Chatuchak Weekend Market vs Platinum Fashion Mall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:20