We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help

Edmonton
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel help

We were all booked, air, hotels everything! Of course we were arriving in a week and the airline decides to cancel flights, change other flights, etc. we are scheduled to stay at airport hotel in Bangkok for one night(already booked and paid for) as we are heading for Chang mai the next morning. Now we will arrive a day early. I really don't want to stay at the Amari for 2 nights. Is there a hotel that anyone can recommend for the first night - close to shopping, restaurants, etc. just not close to protest sights. Since it's only one afternoon and night we really don't have a budget for it, just a nice hotel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help

I'd recommend lohas suites, soi 2 sukhumvit. Plenty of bars and restaraunts In that area and close to sky train, Siam and national stadium only a couple of stops away where there are plenty of shopping malls. The hotel is nice with a roof top pool, a jacuzzi and sauna. You can look it up on TA.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,018 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help

Which airport are you first arriving at and later which airport are you flying out of for Chiang Mai? Taking a baby with you?

Amari Boulevard Hotel. NANA area. Walk to many things including supermarkets, malls, nightlife, street vendors, etc. Nana Skytrain nearby.

http://www.amari.com/boulevard/

Baiyoke Boutique Hotel. Short walk from Airport Rail Link at Ratchaprorop. Lots of shopping in this PRATUNAM area. Rail Link connects with Suvarnabhumi Airport. Airport Rail Link also connects with Skytrain at Phayathai. Use Skytrain for other areas in Bangkok.

http://baiyokeboutique.baiyokehotel.com/

For hotel help always mention a price range to weed out any suggestions too cheap or too expensive.

Up to you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,035 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help

Maybe the Landmark Hotel. Nana BTS station just across the road. Plenty of bars,restaurant and street vendors.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help

I stayed in amari boulevard, it's not bad but I think lohas suites is nicer, similar price range and not far from each other.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help

Thank you so much for your responses, I will look up those hotels. Infidelal, I was wandering why you would think we were bringing a baby. Then I realized our picture had our grand baby in it. LOL . It's actually an old pic, she's already 2 1/2 years old. And no she won't be comming. As far as budget, I'm thinking no more than $150.00 CAN a night.

Thanks again

Rocc

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,018 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel help

"I was wandering why you would think we were bringing a baby."

Saw the baby in the photo. When you have a baby with you then you have to worry about baby food and other baby requirements. That's why a supermarket might be handy to have nearby.

It's only one night so that any hotel you book should be okay even at half your budget price. Bangkok is not like NYC or Tokyo for prices. Besides it's not like buying a house with a 20 year mortgage. Millions of tourists are using hotels $30 and below. (Rooms with A/C, private bathroom and even TV begin around $20 or 600 baht.)

Landmark Hotel isn't too bad.

Have fun.

7. Re: Hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:20