We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling to bangkok during election's

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
travelling to bangkok during election's

Hi

my husband and I will be travelling to bangkok during the election time I.e the 22 april to the 1 may. Will it be safe as we have heard of lots of violence taking place.

thanks

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

I'm travelling their around this time too. I'm not worried as yet, if we stay cautious I guess we will be ok! travel safe :)

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

Nobody can answer that question. Nobody knows what's going to happen by next week never mind April. All you can do is keep an eye on developments between now and then and I'd suggest having a plan b incase things do get out of hand in Bangkok. At short notice you would be able to fly to another part of Thailand when you arrive in Bangkok. Hopefully peace will be restored by then but there is nobody in Thailand or anywhere else for that matter who can tell you what is going to happen!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,166 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow let alone in April - a hand grenade was thrown into a crowd yesterdayand killed 3 people, things could escalate and get worse by April or people might go home by then. There are still people going to Bangkok at present and enjoying their time there, others will have cancelled their trips. Keep your plans flexible and look at alternatives just in case.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

Crystal ball question. To early to tell, best you follow Richard Barrow. http://www.richardbarrow.com/

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

ok but the thing is will shops be open during that time? and markets? in other words will we be able to enjoy the shopping?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

Shops and markets are open atm. But again how can anyone tell you about April.

Edited: 24 February 2014, 09:23
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

thank you :) is there any areas that you could say we should avoid???

Edited: 24 February 2014, 09:28
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

Keep looking at the Richard Barrow site from post #4.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
318 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

After reading your post, I googled and found that it DOES seem they have set a new date(s) for elections at the end of April. That's when we are planning to be there as well ..... ugggggg

10. Re: travelling to bangkok during election's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 06:19