We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel for this area??

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ladyboy40
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
hotel for this area??

Hi my wife and I heading to Bangkok late july for 3 nights (never been before). Over the 3 nights we want to take in visits to Patpong / Soi cowboy / Nana Plaza , so looking for a 4/5 star hotel in close vicinity so that we can maybe use skytrain for going between these areas. We maybe want to go to horse-racing also. Please give as much info as poss to assist me. We want a good hotel with great breakfast and a good swimming pool area for daytime relaxing. We will be travelling up from Pattaya for the last part of our holiday in Bangkok. Thanks in advance.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,952 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel for this area??

If you've never been before I do suggest reading up on all the Bangkok scams especially around Patpong regarding entry, drink prices etc.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel for this area??

I'd recommend lohas suites on sukhumvit soi 2. They have a nice roof top swimming pool, a jacuzzi, sauna and a gym and also do a nice buffet breakfast. It's about one kilometer from the main road but they have a free tuk tuk service that will bring you to the main road, and you are then a 2 minute walk from plon Chet sky train station. You'll also be in walking distance from soi nana and soi cowboy. I haven't been in patpong for 13 years but nowadays soi nana and soi cowboy are much more popular. But as the other poster advised, be careful around patpong, if your visiting there, there are some bars best to be avoided as people can be hit with very big bills after only having a drink or two.

There are 2 horse racing tracks in Bangkok, they take turns holding race meetings every Sunday. You'd have to contact them to find out which one will be holding a meeting when you are there, if your visiting on a Sunday. One track is in the royal turf club in the dusit area. The other is in the royal sports club near Siam square. Although gambling is illegal in Thailand, the horse racing tracks are the exception and gambling is permitted.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel for this area??

Sorry, the one near Siam square is called the royal Bangkok sports club.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,270 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel for this area??

Maybe the Landmark hotel. Just across the road from Nana BTS.

Read all the FAQ's on the right before your visit.

ladyboy40
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel for this area??

Thanks folks, but appreciate more hotel recommendations. Is it okay to stay in Nana area and use skytrain? How far walking from Nana to Patpong to Soi Cowboy, what is distance between these areas. Or, can i stay at riverside area and commute in by Skytrain. If we are going to the horse-racing do we get taxi. Also, where can I find out the dates of horse racing?

Please recommend a good 4*/5* hotel with top breakfast and a good swimming pool area.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel for this area??

I had planned on going horse racing last December when I was in Bangkok and done a bit of research. Unfortunately it wasn't the best time to go as the weekend I was in Bangkok, the royal turf club was hosting it and as it is in the dusit area, which is very close to goverent buildings there were large protests in this area , so unfortunately I had to give it a miss. For dates you can email the royal Bangkok sports club: sportsclub@rbsc.org They will tell you which track will be hosting a meeting when you are in Bangkok, presuming you'll be there on a Sunday of course. The dusit area is not on the skytrain line so I think a taxi will be your best option.

The royal turf club is not far from Siam sky train station but I can't give you directions. When I done my research before though, I was told it is walking distance.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel for this area??

Actually no sorry, I mixing them up, it's the royal turf club that is in the dusit area. The royal Bangkok sports club is near Siam, apologies.

Bray, Ireland
Level Contributor
867 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel for this area??

The nana area is a good area to stay and it is only a 15-20 minute walk from soi cowboy. Patpong would be too far to walk though as that is in the silom area, you'd have to get the sky train to there. Riverside is another option, get a hotel near saphan thaksin station if you want to use the sky train.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel for this area??

have a look at cape house hotel- great pool and breakfast, very luxurious, especially the one bedroom suites. just a few minutes walk to either chit lom station, or ratchdamri (sp?) and I think you see a racetrack from this skytrain station. We have been staying here for years, and I wish I could live in this hotel. Restaurant also excellent, and there is an all day business lounge with free snacks open all day for all residents.

chitlom is 2 stops from nana . change at siam to go to sala daeng for patpong, or walk to ratchadamri station and it is on the direct line to sala daeng.

10. Re: hotel for this area??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 04:19