We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Muay Thai in Bangkok (review)

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Free Muay Thai in Bangkok (review)

Hi everyone, been a while but I am finally getting around to posting about this.

I asked about where to watch Muay Thai here: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k7… and got some very helpful replies.

Anyway, Ch7 was brilliant. For someone who doesn't really have any prior knowledge and doesn't want to fork out a load of money, really easy to get to, and a nice thing to tie in with visiting Chatuchak market on the Sunday.

Me and my girlfriend just went outside the exit of Mo Chit BTS station (opposite side of the street to Chatuchak market) and took a motor taxi for about 20 baht each. Very easy. When we got there, we just followed the people into the studios. We even got offered a free massage like the fighters get before their fight. Went into the stadium part and were shown the way to the seats (they had a section specifically for the few foreigners there), great seats, although it is small enough that sitting anywhere is fine. Felt very safe.

The atmosphere was great. Lots of locals getting really into it. I'd highly recommend anyone looking for muay thai to take a look if you're there on a Sunday.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Muay Thai in Bangkok (review)

That was a nice review and will be helpful.

I was looking at this

tripadvisor.in/…REVIEWS

Can someone say if both are different.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 05:17
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,603 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Muay Thai in Bangkok (review)

The MBK fights are more of an exhibition, whereas Channel 7 is the real deal. These are the same fights one sees televised on Sundays.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Muay Thai in Bangkok (review)

Glad you made the effort to go and you experienced the local muay thai with the locals...a cracking atmosphere!

4. Re: Free Muay Thai in Bangkok (review)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:17