We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights guide

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
152 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights guide

Hello. We like to visit Bangkok for about 3 days/2 nights; our first time to the country. Which tour guide do you recommend? Should we book both hotel and tour through the company? Or should we get a hotel and then book some sightseeing at the hotel? Thanks in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights guide

tricky.

if you are using a travel agent for flights, then they may have some good rates for some bangkok hotels- you could always find this out and then ask here on the forum about the hotels!

Or it is easy to book your own hotels in bangkok- if you provide your budget and the kind of thing you are looking for then suggestions are always forthcoming. we have used both methods successfully.

As your time is short, I would prebook the tours. you can hire a guide in advance- see the FAQ listings for bangkok for a starting point. You can do many things yourself but again, a guide will help you make best use of time.

have a great time.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,018 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights guide

Finding a tour guide is covered in th FAQs on the right of this page.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights guide

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c125475/Thail…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights guide

Sue- I'll be booking my own flight. For hotel, it's between DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok OR Millennium Hilton Bangkok because I can redeem my points with them. They both look good with decent reviews on here so hopefully I won't go wrong with neither of them.

Chris - I'll definitely check out the FAQ for a tour company since I would be more comfortable with one showing me around.

Thank you both for your input.

UK
Level Contributor
888 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights guide

Hi JJ you are going to love Bangkok just so much fun we are back in April and never get bored. The faqs can loop you into some guides Tong and Nook have a lot of support here. For us we have hired wandee a number of times over the years and have always been delighted with her high quality and fairly priced service you could reach her at wandee@wandeetours.com.

Have a great trip if you are there over a weekend consider a trip out to Amphawa for the night market it really is a joy

6. Re: 2 nights guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2014, 17:52
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 nights guide

Thanks Surrey. I'll contact the guide you provided!

8. Re: 2 nights guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:21