We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

hi all.. i am planning to go to Bangkok and go to Chocolate Ville.. could you please help me to explain how to reach Chocolate Ville from Bangkok? i will stay at Sukhumvit area..

what is the best transportation i could take and with the fare if you dont mind ;P

thanks in advance :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

I was gonna say down gumdrop lane.... But I realize now that this is a real place and it blows my mind, may have to visit when i get to bangkok in *4* days now!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,335 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

Here is a map: https://goo.gl/maps/Ep0CX

Depending on the time of day, taxi fare will probably be between 100~200 baht.

BTW,

It's associated with the Shinawatras, so keep an eye out for groups of people wearing Thai flags!

Edited: 04 March 2014, 02:09
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

hi OctoberSix,

thanks for your response. but im kinda difficult to read the map because in thai literature. anyway, if i stay at Sukhumvit area, it is better for me to go by taxi or bts?

what is the best time to visit Chocolate Ville? please suggest.. or if you have any suggestion what is the other attraction in Bangkok nowadays? i went to Bangkok last year and i have seen the Grand Palace and another wat(s). i will go with my bf this time not my family. please suggest :)

thank you

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

According to the map by OctoberSix Chocolate Ville is nowhere near any BTS or MRT station so a taxi is the only convenient choice. Ask your hotel to write the address in Thai since a taxi driver might never have heard of the place.

The TripAdvisor Things to Do tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g293916-Activiti… currently lists 231 items so you can start from there.

Edited: 07 March 2014, 08:36
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,335 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

Never been to Chocolate Ville; never had the desire. It's a bit out in the sticks for a simple shopping / dining visit.

You might think about heading to Asiatique.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

I have been once, never again. In my opinion it's an odd place, just created for Facebook and Instagram photo ops. Food is average at best, most of it seemed microwaved to me. Not really worth making a trip from downtown for.

Candy Land
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

Average food but cool scene. Worth a trip for sunset pics.

You can ask your hotel to write how to get there. My best way to describe how is under the tollway. Taxi drivers know this as leap tong duan. Pretty sure it's on Kaset Nawamin also which traffics out nightly. Weekends it's more traffic so some patience. Takes for ever to book them so also c if ur concierge can do it for you. We have showed up without reservation and got a table in under 5 minutes. Busy every night.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

hi all..

thanks for all your responses. im kinda confused right now wthether i am going to chocolate ville or not. i just wanna see something different in Bangkok hahaha.. i have been visited Asiathique and i will visit it again haha.. i have 4 days in Bangkok..

seem you guys are from Bangkok, could you give me some ideas? what am i supposed to do in Bangkok? i have seen the attraction from trip advisor and i end up still confused.. please suggest ;)

thankss

Edited: 12 March 2014, 07:42
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

If you fancy photo opportunities, you could visit Mueang Boran tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1570011-d… . It is more like a day trip, though. Many people combine it with the Erawan Museum tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293916-d1… which is in the same direction.

A cruise on the Chao Phraya River is interesting and relaxing. You can do the budget version during the day by taking the orange-flag water bus from Sathorn pier all the way to the end of the line in Nonthaburi (15 baht/person and about one hour). You can lunch at the local restaurants near the pier and come back (another 15 baht). If you want to spend more money and see some fancy lighting, you can do one of the dinner cruises.

Siam Niramit tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293916-d6… is quite a spectacular cultural show.

It it is really difficult to give tips without knowing what interests you. Didn't the classifications in TripAdvisor Things to Do listings guide you to find something suitable?

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: how to get to Chocolate Ville from Bangkok City?

Hi there,

I wil like to visit the Asiathique when I am at Bangkok in August.

Can you kindly advise me the best transportation to the location and timing to head there.

Appreciated.

Regards,

Jamie