We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

San Diego...
Level Contributor
41 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

I am planning to take my 16 yr daughter to Bangkok for spring break in April. We are currently stationed in Guam and are due to return to the states in June. Since we are much closer now I figured this would be a good time to make this trip. She wants to visit the Tiger Temple so I was planning on booking the 1/2 day tour with the breakfast with the monks. I am sure it will be a memory she will cherish forever. Our trip will be for 5 days and I am looking at booking us in Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort Spa. Any tips or advise anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

-Will you be in Bangkok during Songkran?

-Have you looked at the "what to see and do" FAQ on the right?

-What else is she interested in doing/seeing?

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,067 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

Hi

what are your dates in April, if during Songkran ,very busy traveling around thailand, and the water play can get crazy sometimes. April is one of the hottest months

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

Hi

As all above says April when in April ? April 13-15th ( the main day is 13th ) is Thai new year /Songkran celebration. It is the busiest time to travel in Thailand especially pre and post Songkran the transport systems usually in gridlock. If travel this time of year make sure you book your accoms and transport well in advance.

Check out this YouTube http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WUvG__CcjaE

Edited: 11 March 2014, 00:34
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

Riverside is a good area to stay in and its easy to visit the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun and Chinatown using the river ferries from there.

Be sure to read the FAQ's on the right. Note they don't show on the mobile app. There is also a list of tours guides there.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
1,584 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

Anantara Riverside is a great choise for accommodation! They have their own shuttle boat to Saphan Pier that is a good starting point for shooping and malls by skytrain. They have also an own shuttle boat to Asiateque which is basicly on the opposite side of the river; lots of small boutique style shops and restaurants to explore in late afternoon - evening. Enjoy!

Edited: 11 March 2014, 14:09
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
341 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

That is a very sweet idea! She will surely cherish those memories forever . I travelled abroad for the first time at 14, 15, 16 yrs old and they are the best memories! I think every teen should be required to experience other cultures. It helps us understand each other that much more . Happy Travels!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

Hi

My 7 years old son is really interested in coming to Thailand. I am sure he is interested in seeing following places.

1. A floating Market 2. Safari world 3.Dusit Zoo 4.Fantasia Lagoon Water Park 5.Siam part city 6. to visit a shopping mall 7. puppet show at the artist home

can someone please tell me how best we can arrange to viit the above places and also please do let me know any other places where my child would love to visit

Thank you

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

Tiger Temple is terrible.

matadornetwork.com/change/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

hasitha p , visit a travel agents when you arrive or contact a tour guide.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c125475/Thail…

10. Re: Planning a trip to Bangkok in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2015, 08:19