We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand 2014 (including Thai new year)

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
Thailand 2014 (including Thai new year)

My and my wife are travelling to Bangkok thailand on the 12th April for our honeymoon. We stay for 3 days before moving down to khao Lak and a place called la flora resort. We have not traveled to thailand before and have just found out its thai new year! Can anyone help with a bit of information? As it's a public holiday, are there plenty of places still open?

I know there will be lots of people there so will this effect us moving around Bangkok? Also when we get down to khao lak we would love to go sea fishing? Elephant trekking? Is there anywhere people recommend to do these excursions?

Thanks guys,

Darren

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand 2014 (including Thai new year)

-Prepared to get WET!

-Go to youtube and look at videos for "Songkran Bangkok" so that you and the Mrs know what to expect...and do expect it.

-Places are still open.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand 2014 (including Thai new year)

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z0NaD6rDb4

So....put belongings into plastic bags when leaving the hotel(cameras/wallet/etc.) And do EXPECT to get wet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand 2014 (including Thai new year)

Everywhere is open and everyone is very wet :-)

Goto the Khoa Lak forum and put Elephant Trek in the search box. You will find lots of treads on Elephants.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thailand 2014 (including Thai new year)

Hi

Sounds like you already booked your accoms and transport. Only advice i have for you is to enjoy oh and keep your camera, travel documents and electronic decides in plastic bag as ter says.

Safe trip !

Shrewsbury, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thailand 2014 (including Thai new year)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Much appreciated. Note to myself to put valuables in a plastic bag and prepared to get wet!

Will have a look at the khao lak forum about sea fishing and elephant trekking!

Thanks again,

Darren

6. Re: Thailand 2014 (including Thai new year)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:17