We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Songkran in Koh Samui

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Songkran in Koh Samui

Hello,

I will be in Koh Samui during this years Songkran and was wondering if anyone has experienced it and if so what to expect? Any particular things I should not miss out on?

Thanks, Sean

Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Songkran in Koh Samui

Hello there,

I'm not too familiar with Koh Samui, maybe you should try their forum? tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g293918-i7560-Ko…

Hope this helps.

Sj

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,417 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Songkran in Koh Samui

I would expect totally soaked drunken anarchy.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Songkran in Koh Samui

Hi

Songkran in koh Samui is not as big as in big city. You expect to get wet that for sure. Make sue when you are out and about outside the hotel keep your wallet, camera etc in plastic bag. In the hotel compound you will be dry the water splashing normally dies down around 6-7pm. Many western join in Songkran without knowing what's Songkran is all about. If you're ask what's not to be miss then I'd go to the temple to see how the Songkran ceremony being conducted.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Songkran in Koh Samui

This is what it's like:

www.google.com.au/search?q=songkran+samui&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=fD8iU6SYJsXnlAXuuoGABQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1261&bih=760

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,417 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Songkran in Koh Samui

Exhibit "A".

I stand by my post!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Songkran in Koh Samui

Here's the clip http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGrltlHHH14

And yes it will be lots of drunken people, who don't know even know and don't cares the meaning of Songkran !!

Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Songkran in Koh Samui

Hi Sean

Done koh Samui at songkran for the last 2 years it was our main highlight of our holidays the best place to start is on the main st around the green mango area the atmosphere and disco music will stay in my mind forever just buy a huge water gun and get in the spirit were else in the world can you have fun fighting people from all over the world with water guns and not look childish,this songkran I will be in aonang so hope it's as good there as Samui😃

8. Re: Songkran in Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:18