We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers to DMK airport & Air Asia

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers to DMK airport & Air Asia

I will be travelling on the 6am bus from Pattay to Suvarnabhumit airport and transferring to the shuttle bus for DMK airport to hopefully board the Air Asia 11.20am flight to Chiang Rai.

I've already booked my flight and can't make any changes to it and I've only just discovered that I have to check in one hour prior to departure, and shuttle buses connecting the 2 airports can take up to 2 hours travelling time

I'm hoping to be on the 8.30am shuttle bus.

Can anyone who has travelled between the 2 airports in the morning let me know how long it may take/

Should I be making other arrangemets?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,418 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers to DMK airport & Air Asia

Hi,

I haven't travelled between the airports in the morning but if you do miss the 08.30 bus just jump into a taxi.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,860 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers to DMK airport & Air Asia

I've only ever travelled to DMK from Pattaya by taxi, takes about 2 hours & costs about 1200bt.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
780 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers to DMK airport & Air Asia

A couple of things.

Why catch a bus to Swampy? Why not take a Mo Chit bus which is only 20 mins from the airport? (You can then either taxi or take the A2 Airport Bus).

There are also vans from Pattaya to Rangsit & vans to Chaeng Wattana rd (both closer to the airport) but i don't know the details of where they depart from in Pattaya, just that they exist.

Also, most trips reports of the AOT Airport Shuttle Bus point to an average trip time of around 45-50 mins and even in peak hour not more than just over an hour. The 2 hr time is way off the mark.

Dep times, suvarnabhumiairport.com/th/122-transfer-bus-…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers to DMK airport & Air Asia

..And think about checking in online, you can do it way in advance (from memory, more than a week), it then gives you time to drop off your bags i think 30 minutes before, saves a lot of time just in case you do happen to miss the bus at that time.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers to DMK airport & Air Asia

Thank you to all who responded.,

Lot's of options to consider and look further into. If the shuttle bus reaches DMK within the hour as Yapofloyd suggests I should be fine.

There is also an updated time table of shuttle bus departure times that I cam across indicating buses leave every half hour.

Thanks once again

6. Re: Transfers to DMK airport & Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 05:18