We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chatuchak Market on a Friday

Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Chatuchak Market on a Friday

Unfortunately we will not be in Bangkok on a Sat or Sun but we are wondering if the market is worth a visit on a Friday?

If not are there any other markets on a Friday?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,835 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chatuchak Market on a Friday

Some stands are open, but large areas of the market are closed down and dead. You'll be dodging vehicles stocking up for the big Saturday shopping day. So, yes it's open, but with none of the atmosphere of the chaotic and colourful Weekend Market.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,237 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chatuchak Market on a Friday

I always head there on Fridays. I find that there is an almost endless supply of senseless stuff, even on Fridays.

Then again, I only go to buy things, not take in the atmosphere. Living here for a few years, hanging out in big mobs has lost its appeal.

We also buy most of our garden plants and supplies on Wednesdays ad Thursdays.

3. Re: Chatuchak Market on a Friday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 05:17