We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much Bahts required for a single person for 8 days trip?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How much Bahts required for a single person for 8 days trip?

Hello,

Please let me know how much money required for a single person on an 8 days trip to Bangkok-Pattaya-Phuket excludling flight charges from Bangalore-Bangkok-Bangalore and Bangkok-Phuket-Bangkok which comes around to 30,000/-INR

Planning to come in the end of September. 26th till October-4th

1. Stay in normal hotels with breakfast

2. Scuba diving

3. Tiger temple (least priority, depends on budget)

4. Eating at food streets

5. Visiting pubs

6. Massage service

7. Shopping

8. Traveling in tuk-tuks and taxis

9. Sight seeing expenses

10. Miscellaneous

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,988 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much Bahts required for a single person for 8 days trip?

That's just impossible to answer.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,857 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much Bahts required for a single person for 8 days trip?

Unfortunately your list has several open-ended items (visiting pubs and shopping) which could cost you as little as 100 baht per day, but could easily exceed tens of thousands if you give your custom to expensive enough venues.

Joining a group tour for a day probably would cost 1000-2000 baht, but you give no hints on how many and which kinds you might want to do.

No idea what you consider to be a normal hotel, but 1000-2000 baht per night should get you a place with aircon and breakfast since you plan to visit in the low rainiest period of the low season.

Are you a licensed scuba diver and how many dives are you planning to do? That will have a direct impact on the cost. However, during the low season rough seas are not uncommon so diving may turn out to be impossible. The seas may be less rough in Pattaya area but in general diving would be nicer at the islands near Phuket.

Taxis and tuk-tuks are much more expensive in Phuket than in Pattaya or Bangkok - hundreds of bahts instead of tens.

An ordinary Thai massage should cost 200-300 baht per hour.

Phuket has Tiger Kindom while the most famous tiger temple is in Kanchanaburi which is a day trip out of Bangkok.

If you are concerned about your budget, I would drop one location of the three. Phuket tends to be the most expensive one and not going there would also reduce your travel costs.

If you budget an average 3000 baht per day including accommodation, you can have a pretty nice time but you will not be able to go scuba diving or sightseeing tours every day. With 5000 baht per day you could do tours every day and still have money left for entertainment and shopping unless you decide to spend money in the most expensive outlets.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much Bahts required for a single person for 8 days trip?

Thanks a lot the_goodsoil_family for the detailed reply. My plan is to

First evening explore the Bangkok

2nd day- Grand palace and later 1 or 2 best temples of Bangkok..night fly to Phuket

3rd and 4th day- To Phi Phi Island for Sunrise and spend 2 days there

5thday- Scuba diving (I am just a starter, did one diving in Sri Lanka) - If the scuba diving is not an option, during that time of the year, will plan for other thing. Fly back to Bangkok on this night

6th day- Trip to floating market and train market

7th day - Tiger temple

8th day - probably enjoy the night life and visit pub and other entertainment places/shopping

Let me know if this is the right plan?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,881 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much Bahts required for a single person for 8 days trip?

"Stay in normal hotels with breakfast.."

What is a normal hotel to you? If you need a hotel why not work out a budget and see how much you can afford for your hotel and find a hotel that meets that price range? Only you know how much you have available. Many backpackers and thrift travelers visit Thailand all the time and seem to find places to stay at and manage not to starve. (Many old posts on budgets show up with a forum check. If on a smart phone switch to a real computer for forum searches and to access FAQ's.)

"Traveling in tuk-tuks and taxis..."

For Bangkok don't use tuk-tuks. Stick with meter taxis and Skytrain. Read up on how to use taxis in Bangkok. Never pay a flat rate when using taxis. Do a forum search for taxis.

I think you are trying to do too much in seven days but you have a similar short holiday that many tourists from India choose. You are trying to pack a lot into this short time without too much time to actually see things. (But you will have good bragging rights when you go back home!)

You can eat cheap and drink cheap - or chose expensive places to eat and drink at, etc. No way to say how much you will need for your entertainment. If your hotel is $100 a night have at least $100 a day available. In a $30 a day hotel that is your play money. In other words have at least the same amount of spending money that you spend on your hotel. (Using a real computer do a forum check for "spending money" for each city. Phuket is much more expensive than Bangkok. Bangkok transportation is not expensive.)

Have fun.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much Bahts required for a single person for 8 days trip?

Thanks for the detailed reply. I will research further more for my trip!

6. Re: How much Bahts required for a single person for 8 days trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 07:15