We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

Just about a 3 minute walk from the Shangri La Hotel I found Wilavan Laundry. They were very affordable, very friendly, and laundered and pressed my clothes in the same day. Open daily from 7:30 AM - 6 PM. Telephone is 02-6309330. Street address is 56 Charoenkrung 44. If you find the Shangri La Hotel's laundry (located outside of hotel and much more expensive), you're about a one minute walk from Wilavan Laundry. Good luck!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

G'day above 76

I'm always interested in knowing the location of cheap laundries when in Bang Rak / Riverside area in Bangkok.

Perhaps you could give walking directions from the Shangri La Hotel to the laundry you have mentioned?

Thanks

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

A bit more detail on how to locate this laundry facility. With your back to the main entry to the Shangri La Hotel (the main dropoff area) you will walk to the right (down the driveway). You will then make your first immediate right, taking you along the side of the hotel. Continue walking just about one minute and make your first left (you will see the Shangri La Hotel laundry facility on your right hand side). Walk about one or two minutes and you'll see a laundry storefront on the left hand side (there is a small banner/sign on the street reading something like "laundry/dry clean" or something to that effect). Hope these rough directions help!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

Just before the temple?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

Hmmmm, don't know about a temple. If it's further down the street past the laundry then I wouldn't necessarily know as I didn't proceed past the laundry.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
276 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

Given your directions I expect I will find it.

Thanks

Keith 041

Nomadic Forever. Wat temple is that?

I guess it's the Chinese temple alongside the rail line at Saphan Taksin BTS?

Kota Bharu, Malaysia
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

Hi..

laundry is by kilogram or pieces? Thanx.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
19 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

We echo this laundry recommendation! We found the laundry through this thread (took us a couple of goes but it was actually easy!).

Out of front door of hotel, and turn immediately right back on youself as OP said..then first left.

If you get to the Shangri La laundry or the temple, you have definitely gone too far.

The laundry was great standard..you pay by the item..they did about 20 items for us and it came to about £12. Immaculate standard

Very happy to recommend.

NY, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

I just dropped my laundry off and in NY they charge by the weight. Here they charge by the piece. They charged the same price for a kid's underwear as they do for an adult's.

This is a decent place to do laundry only because it's near the Shangri la which would charge a fortune. However, what would cost me $15-17 in laundry in NYC is costing me $31 USD at this particular place.

Edited: 01 June 2016, 03:28
Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
166 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

Just count and inventory your laundry before serving it up :) Things do go missing.

10. Re: Great Laundry Recommendation Near Shangri La Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2017, 07:17