We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewelry in Siam, Bangkok

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Jewelry in Siam, Bangkok

I will be in Bangkok at the end of June and would like to get some jewelry. I am staying at Siam@siam hotel and want to shop at reputable jewelry stores. Any advice?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,815 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewelry in Siam, Bangkok

First Google up "jewelry scams Bangkok"

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k914…

If you know very little about gems and jewelry maybe better to buy at home. Would you know a real gem from a fake or one; be able to detect flaws and understand grading values?

gemsociety.org/article/…

Do a forum check for more advice.

Good luck.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewelry in Siam, Bangkok

www.gems-gallery.com

This is the only one I know for sure is legitimate and has no problems as to quality and their warranties. You won't find great bargains (Thailand knows the value of their jewels and gold on the world market) but they have high quality gems, jewelry and a vast selection of stones, styles etc. They will send car to your hotel to pick you up and return you. No purchase is necessary. They will have a host with you to answer any questions or help you find something specific you want. Jewelry quality is outstanding. Prices range relatively cheap (US$100) to the hundreds of thousands of dollars. That's why there are armed guards there. It's the largest jewelry store in Thailand if not Asia. Ive shopped there several times. Never disappointed. They do not sell gold here. For gold jewelry there are thousands of shops throughout Bangkok including Chinatown, MBK, etc. I also like the free bar in the store to rest up and salve the pain in the wallet or loosen your hold on the wallet depending on your perspective! LOL.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewelry in Siam, Bangkok

There are plenty of very good and honest jewlry stores in Bangkok. All depends on your wallet, type of jewlry like mass market type or unique designs, handcrafted.

Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewelry in Siam, Bangkok

Thanks guys. I prefer the jewelry in Thailand so keen to get good quality ones while I am there.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewelry in Siam, Bangkok

Take the BTS to Siam. Siam Paragon has lots of good, highend jewlry stores. Emporium is another destination. Jewlry Trade Centre on Silom Road.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewelry in Siam, Bangkok

Our preferred jeweler is , http://www.wccwdiamond.com/os/.

They won't send a car to pick you up (easy access from Phaya Thai BTS though) and will not have a huge selection ready to go but everything is produced on the premises and prices are always very competitive.

Happy shopping.

7. Re: Jewelry in Siam, Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 05:16