We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ethiopian Airlines

Thailand
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
369 reviews
Save Topic
Ethiopian Airlines

Has anyone tried Ethiopian Airlines to Kuala Lumpur - both economy and business? I am surprised its fares aren't significantly cheaper than Malaysia and Thai.

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Colonnade
££££, Asian, International
Latest Recipe - Le Meridien Bangkok
££ - £££, Seafood, International, Mediterranean
Shintaro
££££, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ethiopian Airlines

Why should fares be cheaper than MAS? They are a Star Alliance member. Have flown longhaul but not BKK to KUL. Little difference between C and Y onboard service but more legroom . Fine for short haul.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
11,804 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ethiopian Airlines

I've flown with then a few times within Ethiopian. I'd be happy enough to fly long haul with them if the prices was right.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ethiopian Airlines

Hi, you can check out reviews for Ethiopian on the www.airlinequality.com website.

Thailand
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ethiopian Airlines

Thanks Chrella. Looks like it's a risk.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ethiopian Airlines

They get you safely from A to B. My friend's hubby flies with them every 3 weeks on an Africa to Bangkok route and return. Just expect no luxury. Once they cancelled the onward trip from ADD to BKK. He got rebooked via DBX without asking for it. What more do you want from an airline?

I recently flew CX in C. A review of this trip rtn would not be encouraging. It was bad luck.

Ppl write reviews when they feel disappointed but rarely write when the experience was positive. I would not use airlinequality.com as a guide.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ethiopian Airlines

I don't see any benefit, Thai and Malaysia have plenty of flights, ( plus Air Asia of course from DMK ) worth noting if it matters to you Thai from BKK use nice wide-body aircraft usually A-330 with fiull service, Malaysia use smaller 737-800's with very basic service , given the choice between TG and MH would certainly recommend TG

From schedulkes ET is only 3 x per week

Edited: 06 April 2014, 06:17
Mentioned in this post
Asia Hotel Bangkok
Asia Hotel Bangkok
1,494 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok Intl Airport
Bangkok, Thailand
7. Re: Ethiopian Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2015, 05:16