We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange Rates

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange Rates

We arrive in Bangkok Friday 4pm and probably arrive at Eastin Grand Hotel by Skytrain about 6pm. We was hoping to exchange our sterling at super rich once we have checked in but believe the offices will be closed.

Are there any suggestions on other places to get good rates? We have a tour the next day at 8am so will need to exchange on Friday evening.

Thanks

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,405 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange Rates

Hi,

Change enough at the airport once you arrive. For exchange rates do take a look at the link below if you haven't already done so:

http://daytodaydata.net/

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange Rates

Thanks I have looked at these options already. I was hoping for a suggestion of a place with good rates that will be open after 6pm that will be easy to get to from my hotel.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,338 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange Rates

Other than Super Rich you are relying on any "ordinary" bank/cash exchanges that are open. Just change enough for your first night and next day and the balance at Super Rich after your tour if you have time. For that amount the difference should not be too significant.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange Rates

You will have to change something at the airport just to pay for taxi and first night spending. If you change any money at home that rate will be worse than anything you get at the airport and maybe pay a commission too. You can change money at the airport 24 hours a day.

You do know that the exchange rate is not fixed so that any "better rate" you go out of your way to hunt down will be different a day later or even sooner. (Either higher or lower.)

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange Rates

Thanks guys for your responses but I was already aware of those suggestions. I was really hoping if someone can advise on a area or place on Friday evening near my hotel (near surasak station). Saturday and Sunday going to be very busy for me and i'm flying on Monday. Thanks again.

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
166 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange Rates

Unless you are changing thousands of pounds to Baht, I wouldn't worry, you could spend more money than you save seeking out better exchange rates, the fluctuation of rates are minimal in terms of day to day spending for a short period of time.enjoy Bangkok.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,266 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange Rates

+1

http://daytodaydata.net/

If you check you can see the difference in rates is not great.

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange Rates

Thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated. Looking forward to my holiday. :)

9. Re: Exchange Rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 06:15