We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok

Travelling to Bangkok and need advice on what hotels provides free or reasonable airport transfers. Arriving at BKK staying for one night and departing from DMK the next day. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,327 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok

Just at a meter taxi from the established queue. Even if the driver does demand a set fare, it will be far less than any "airport transfer".

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok

Hi Travnerd,

Using airport transport facility as a criterion to judge hotels is not a good basis. You should assess hotels based on their attributes such as rooms size/comfort, service standards, locations, etc. Reading TA reviews on these hotels may be a good start.

Yes, I always believe that transportation costs in Thailand are so economical & affordable that one should not be too concerned about. Average cost is about 10-15% of what you would pay back home.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
572 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok

I don't think anybody can answer your question because we don't know what do you want to do, your interests, and etc. Do you want to sleep near the airport to just to fly out tomorrow or do you want to head into town. What time is your flight in, what time is your flight out tomorrow.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok

Hi Travnerd,

I just took a train/bus combination from city to DMK airport yesterday. Total cost was a princely sum of Bht 80 (US$2.50). Taxi would cost Bht 320 (US$10) one way.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 02:26
Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,640 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok

Hotel transfers cost more than ordinary taxis you can get at the airport. If you are staying in an expensive hotel they can make arrangements for transportation.

(From Suvarnabhumi before midnight there is even cheap rail service that can bring you into the city. Walk from a Rail Link stop or Skytrain stop to your hotel. Next day take meter taxi to Don Muang.)

* Read some of the old posts that come up with a forum check. Good information on how to use taxis and some help with prices. Also the FAQ's on the right side have info on rides from the airport.

Amari Hotel is at Don Muang Airport. Free ride there by bus. (Depending on what time you arrive of course.)

http://www.bangkok.com/amari-airport/

What price range for your hotel?

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
8 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok

Thank you all for your informative input.. the only reason I ask is because I have parents arriving from Africa who are 87 and 81 and I want to make sure that I have transportation arranged for them. I arrive later from the US and we have one night in BKK and leave for Phuket the next day for a family reunion.. we will be back in Bkk for about 4 days prior to leaving. I just need reliable transportation for them I'm fine with taking taxi to the hotel..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok

Hi Travnerd,

Knowing your situation, I suggest you book a car (Toyota Camry usually) from www.orientalescape.com for about Bht 900(US$28) /one way for your parents. Oriental Escape is reliable & prompt. They would hold out a placard with your parents' names at the airport for identification.

For them at their age, & since they'll be travelling separately, taking a taxi may be a challenge, esp in terms of communication. I would certainly put my trust in Oriental Escape for such service anytime.

Have an enthralling vacation.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 04:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok

As wongchinhong says use www.orientalescape.com

Edited: 09 April 2014, 08:12
9. Re: Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 06:16