We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

Hi,

Hope u guys cann advised me on this. Im planning to go asiatique this coming sunday. How should I go from platinum mall? By cab or bts then transfer to ferry? Heard it is quite long queue during the weekends. Is cab more practical in this case?

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,052 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

Please can you explain how this is Urgent !!!!!!!

Just go either way..

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

The ferry queue might be long, but the traffic along Chareon Krung can also be nuts. I would take the BTS to the venue. If you leave early enough, I would also return by BTS.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

HI Ling,

It's best to take a taxi. Platinum Mall is some distance from the BTS. However, when you're @ Asiatique, do not take those taxis waiting at the entrance, as they are out to rip you. Just hail a passing taxi. Or if you like take the shuttle ferry from Asiatique to Saphan Taksin BTS to take the BTS back to your hotel.

Edited: 14 April 2014, 11:25
singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

Hi chin hong,

Have u tried taking cab to asiatique from platinum? Any idea roughly how long it takes and how much it costs?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

Hi Ling,

Frankly, it's not easy to catch a taxi @ Platinum Mall. Almost all taxis there will demand high fixed price to go to Asiatique.

You could either walk further down along Petchaburi road or go behind to Centara Grand Hotel to catch a meter taxi. I estimate you would need to pay about Bht 90-120 depending on the traffic conditions @ Charoen Krung Road.

Of course, one alternative is for you to walk to Siam BTS (20 minutes) to catch the BTS to Saphan Taksin station. Then walk to Pier one at the river to catch Asiatique shuttle ferry to the mall. This is rather tedious though.

Edited: 14 April 2014, 11:56
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

We caught a taxi, metred, and it was 90 baht. We took it at about 7pm on a saturday night, and the traffic once you get close to asiatique was horrendous...took forever. The other option is as stated to take the bts then by river, but that is very time consuming with walking.

As stated above, do not take a taxi back with the ones waiting at the entrance, they want to charge very high prices...when we refused they were nasty and rude.......so walk out to the street and hail one.

Asiatique was a great place to shop and eat......to me it was a must see :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

Hi ling86

Take the trains to Saphan Taksin Station.Alternatively there is also a tourist shuttle boat to Asiatique which charge 20 baht,so beware of the queue at the Sathorn Pier.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

What's the best way to leave Asiatique late? I read that the ferries stop at 11ish. What if we still want to look around until Asiatique shuts at 12?

We are staying at Pathumwan Princess if it matters.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 01:22
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

Hi Cooper,

Asiatique attracts people, small wonder they should spend much time there. Your feasible option is to catch a cab back, & as said before, DON'T take one at waiting at the entrance & DON'T bargain a price with any. Just walk down along the road to hail a passing taxi which uses the meter.

FYI, taxis have been known to ask as much as Bht 1,000 to bring passengers back to your area.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 02:48
Adelaide
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent help needed!!! Frm platinum mall to asiatique

Thanks! I figured a cab would be the only option at that time of night but just wanted to check :)