We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
42 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

Hello.. I will travel with my mom,my sister and her daughter(5 years old) probably on end of this may. My mom's age around 60 years old,and she is not pretty healthy to travel by walk,probably we will take cab to enjoy Bangkok. Do you have any idea which one we should choose,travel by taxi or hire van plus driver? My temporary itinerary are :

Day 1 : arrive + sightseeing around hotel

Day 2 : From Bangkok to Palio , night sightseeing around hotel

Day 3 : Temple (Wat Arun,Wat Pho,etc), Asiatique

Day 4 : Shopping (Chatucak,MBK,Siam Square)

Day 5 : Back

Which area that do you recommended us to stay to save the cost and we can enjoy hotel area by walk.

Thanks.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

Forget Chatichak if your Mom is not so fit. 5 yr old and Chatuchak? Not a great idea.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,603 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

I would stay near the MBK.

Pathumwan Princess is in an ideal location for shopping.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,825 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

You should say how much you want to spend on a hotel so you get advice that won't kill your budget. Are you bringing a wheelchair you can push your mother around in?

Pratunam area is popular for shopping. There are many street vendors and wholesale shopping near the Baiyoke hotel. (Indra Square, Phetchaburi Road and Rachaprorop Road.) Platinum Mall, Panthip Plaza, restaurants, etc.

…baiyokehotel.com/baiyoke-boutique-hotel-map…

Pathumwan Princess is okay and near MBK and Skytrain stop. If it is in your price range. Maybe also look at Siam Ibis Hotel too.

ibis.com/gb/…index.shtml

Good luck.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,660 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

If your mother really has difficulty walking and is unsteady on her feet you need to be aware that many footpaths in Bangkok are not pedestrian friendly, so you will need to take care when out and about walking.

My other thought is that it might be wise to ensure that your hotel room has a walk in shower rather than a shower over the bath. Again if your mother is frail it would be extremely difficult for her to safely climb over into the bathtub and out again when she is wet without slipping and falling.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

I would suggest you stay riverside. If you have the budget the Shangri-la.

6. Re: Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 15:46
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
42 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

Hi Guys thanks for all reply and advice...

I would rather to choose either Siam or Sukhumvit area with maximum 2.500 BATH for Family Room

@NomadicForever: we would not spend a whole day in chatuchak maybe only a couple of hour .

8. Re: Which hotel recommended to stay with older and child?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:15