We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in BKK end May 2014

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
Save Topic
4 Days in BKK end May 2014

Hi

We (husband, wife, 13-yr old son) are planning a trip to Bangkok (our first trip ever to Thailand) and Chiang Mai, in the last week of May.

Please help me out with the following questions:

1. What I read about the weather seemed to suggest that it will be hot. But today I read in a post on this forum that it may rain during that time. So, what kind of weather can we expect please?

2. Please suggest a good hotel which is conveniently located for both shopping and sight-seeing in both Bangkok and Chiang Mai (or should I post seperately on that forum?) We are ok to spend around 5000 -7000 Baht per night inclusive of breakfast. But if we can steal a less expensive deal we would be only too glad...

TIA :)

Regards

FF

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

www.holiday-weather.com/bangkok/averages/may/

May is the start of the rainy season but that is not as bad as it seems often it will rain very heavily for about an hour and then be clear again.

Convenient hotel migh be worth looking at the Landmark in Sukhumvit which is very well located for the sky train and also in an area with restaurants to suit all tastes, there is a night market which sets up each evening along the Sukhumvit Road right outside every evening.

Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

Thanks for that LondonChirs_S. I will check out Landmark

In case you can think of some other hotel too, please do let me know...

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

Bangkok has numerous hotels.

Go to some hotel booking sites and pick some hotels in your budget. You can then check the hotel reviews here on TA and pick one.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g293916-Bangkok-Hot…

Edited: 19 April 2014, 12:55
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
8,900 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

Dusit D2 Chiang Mai Hotel might be a good bet in Chiang Mai close to night market

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

5. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2014, 15:46
Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

Hello again!

Thanks for the replies!

The update is that we have dropped the plan to visit Chiang Mai. We will be in Bangkok itself for the 4 days.

One question please...I have been recommended to see the show at Siam Niramit. Since the tickets are quite expensive, I wanted to know if its really worth our time and money? Looking forward to your inputs..

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,372 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

Try reading the reviews.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g293916-…

Edited: 21 April 2014, 18:30
Sacramento...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

If you only have four days, then by all means stay in Bangkok, tho' there is an overnight train between Bangkok and ChangMai. If you are there on the weekend, don't miss the huge weekend market which you can reach by sky train, but do some research so you know where you're heading in the market, as it's enormous. We usually spend one day seeing the exquisite palace grounds (dress conservatively with shoulders covered and a skirt is recommended as sometimes they're turning pants away, and men in shorts. (A good idea is to buy zip off pants and carry the legs in your day pack) Don't believe anyone who tells you the palace grounds are not open for tourists that day. We hear that every time, and these people always want to take you somewhere else as a tour guide. , From there go over to Kho San street for a colorful fun experience. Don't miss a tour of the Jim Thompson House and any exhibit they have in the adjacent building at that time. Within a block or so of The Jim Thompson House catch a klong boat for a fun and interesting ride to the river.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

I have visited Siam Niramit show and this is my review.

tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d6565…

I would suggest you to visit if you are with kid(s). Also buy discounted tickets which might cost you about 1000 B pp. Opt for no food, no transfer.

But with just 4 days, I presume that you may find better options to keep you occupied.

10. Re: 4 Days in BKK end May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2015, 05:15