We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car to airport

Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
car to airport

Any recommendation for car with driver from bangkok hotel to airport please?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car to airport

Hi,

Suggestion is to get a car with driver from www.oientalescape for about Bht 900 one way to the airport. They are about the most reliable one for your need.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 10:14
chittaway bay
Level Contributor
272 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car to airport

My family of 4 in taxi from hotel paid approx 180 baht one way. Just said meter taxi and all was ok :)

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
17,037 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car to airport

You mean something besides the meter taxis that millions of tourists routinely use every year? From some hotels you can even use the Airport Rail Link too.

Your hotel should be able to arrange a ride for you.

There is information on this FAQ (close to the bottom) that explains how to get from hotel to airport.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293916-s301/Bangkok:…

(Make sure the driver knows for sure which airport you are going to.)

Nothing wrong with Oriental Escape.

Meter taxi from most hotels in Bangkok to either airport is much cheaper and the same price for one passenger or for full load. If you have never used a taxi in Bangkok there are many posts on this that come up with a forum check. The FAQ link above has info on how to use taxis.

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Airport Rail Link
Airport Rail Link
11,608 Reviews
Bangkok, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car to airport

I would also just take a taxi.

I usually call down to the front desk when I am heading down and ask them to please hail me a METER taxi for the airport. Pretty simple.

(Also, all car's in Bangkok have drivers.)

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car to airport

Hi Ter1413,

To the best of my knowledge, only moving cars have drivers. Cars that are parked do not have drivers.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 14:36
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car to airport

Beside Oriental Escape or meter taxi, we can easily get any Taxi park nearby for a fixed fare of 400- 500Bht

to airport which the Bell boy is willing to arrange for you because he got some tip from driver.

I would not encourage unless u are really rushing for time.

7. Re: car to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16