We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

I am looking for a bus from Bangkok to Phuket and would like to return from Phuket to Pattaya by bus. Can anyone tell which is the official site of Gvt. Buses timetable. As there are a lot of sites with different timetable. I would like to know the exact timetable of buses along with any tips which you want to share.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

If you are only in Phuket for a few days it might be better to fly. The bus ride takes around 12 hours one way.

There are some old posts asking this same question. Use a real computer for forum searches.

Sample:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k691…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k702…

Still want to use a bus?

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

Google check:

thailandee.com/eng/…buses-to-phuket

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,672 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

Best tip, is to fly there, a 1 hr flight, compared to a 10-12 bus journey

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

Yes, I want to use a bus because the plan does not fit in our budget, I don't mind taking overnight bus to Phuket. I know its a long journey but I have no other option. The time table mentioned in the thailandee.com/eng/…buses-to-phuket are the updated one?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

Low cost carrier like Airasia offer several flights to Phuket daily. Other than saving a lot of time, the tickets are sometimes cheaper than the bus fares.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,865 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

When was the last time AirAsia offered fares including the add ons for luggage etc. that are cheaper than bus fares? If the OP wants to travel by bus that is upto him. Many others do.

Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

I have booked my tickets with Air Asia and Webster Johnson is right that Air Asia do offers attractive fares. I booked my flight and there was not much difference between bus and airfare.

Thanks,

Auckland Region...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

Going to phuket by plane is highly recommended. It would take forever if you take a bus. Search for airfare by Nok Air, Air asia for low cost. I wish you a good luck.

9. Re: Bangkok to Phuket by Bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 05:16