We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Women's tourist clothing

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
185 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Women's tourist clothing

Will be in Guangzhou, China for 2 days and then Thaiiand in November. I am a senior citizen traveling alone in China and on a tour in Thailand. Looking for suggestions regarding clothing. Sandals or shoes? Open toe, closed toe. Thinking that with the humidity I may only get one day out of pants. Wondering if skirts (midcalf or longer) is a better idea? Many skirts this year are maxi length. Wondering if I would look a bit strange walking around Guangzhou or Bangkok in a long skirt? Goal is to fit in (as much as an Caucasian can), be comfortable and safe and not have to wash lots of clothes.

Thailand
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Women's tourist clothing

There is nothing considered strange here in terms of clothing - male or female. Everything is ok as long as it is decent. Sports shoes and pants recommended because this is a huge polluted city with broken, uneven & dusty pavements. Light cotton clothes recommended as the heat & humidity are very severe.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Women's tourist clothing

All of what you listed is fine.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bangkok
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Women's tourist clothing

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Mid calf and full length skirts are fine. Open toe shoes or sandals are fine as well. In Bangkok there are always foreigners walking around so dont worry about not fitting in.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
14,997 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Women's tourist clothing

There is a good chance that, in November, humidity won't be a major problem.

Dress modestly and you won't stand out.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Women's tourist clothing

My daughters are traveling to Thailand and China this summer. After researching what to wear, they have decided on plain t-shirts, maxi skirts, knee length cargo shorts, teva like sandals, and slip on Sketcher's GOwalkers. Shoes from Kohl's and clothes from Walmart. Inexpensive and easy to sink wash then hang to dry in shower.

6. Re: Women's tourist clothing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:15