We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok to Koh Samui internal flights

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bangkok to Koh Samui internal flights

Hi. I will be flying into BKK from Birmingham International Airport in September. I am flying with Emirates. Our flight lands at BKK at 19:20 and from there I will be heading to Koh Samui, flying with Bangkok Airways. My flight to Koh Samui departs at 21:00. I am abit worried about the amount of time it'll take to get through customs, immigration, collect baggage and check in to my flight to Koh Samui. Any tips? Thanks.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,320 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui internal flights

Hi,

Emirates and Bangkok Airways have an interline agreement so you should be able - at the discretion of the check in agent - to get your luggage tagged all the way through to Samui and then you remain 'airside' at Bangkok where you will do immigration formalities before entering the domestic side of the airport. 100 minutes is plenty of time for this.

Cheers

Birmingham, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui internal flights

Thank you for your advice. It's put my mind at rest abit more now :) Hopefully they won't have a problem putting our baggage straight through to Koh Samui.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui internal flights

They shouldn't have a problem, Jamma89. My parents do this the other way around and get their baggage tagged from Samui though to Manchester with Bangkok Air and Emirates. I would advise that you have your Bangkok Air e-ticket printed to show the check in staff at Birmingham.

Birmingham, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui internal flights

Thank you for your advice. I'll definitely get my Bangkok Air E tickets printed off to show the staff at Birmingham Airport. I can sleep a little easier now knowing I should be able to make the flight :)

5. Re: Bangkok to Koh Samui internal flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16