We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

Hello everyone

I am planning my honeymoon trip to bangkok in november 2014. I have done most of the research work but one thing is making me worried as "is bangkok safe for honeymoon". Me and my wife have never been there and some peoples have said that it is not safe for honeymoon. Please guide me if it is safe or not. Please share your honest views, I m really worried for the same

London, United...
Level Contributor
14,475 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

Yes, its safe.

What makes you and these friends think its not safe ???

Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

It'll be fine. Do the main touristy things, and you'll have no problems.

If you start off heading down 'back-alleys', then you can expect the same trouble that you could potentially find in any city around the world.

One point - are you intending to stay the whole of your honeymoon in Bangkok? Assuming you're looking at 10 days or so, then you should look at going somewhere else, too, cos BKK won't keep you occupied that long.

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

I am staying for 4 nights in bangkok and 3 nights in pattaya

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

After researching on google I didnt found any issue with bangkok but others say that it is not safe.

Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

Well, what are "the others" basing their opinions on?

Most of us are here, so we're just giving you our thoughts from the front-line..........no pun intended! Haha.

ballina
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

Spent 10 nights in Bangkok the Christmas just gone, felt like the safest place on earth to me. Lovely people, lovely atmosphere, nice food and the pubs/bars are great fun, you are treated like a king in the hotels.. Anyone that says it is not safe is taking through their rear end.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

I just returned on Sunday from Bangkok(9 days.) This was my 3rd trip this year(Jan/March/April.)

Never had an issue during my 7 years of visiting.

Not sure what people are basing the "safety" issue on.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
16,086 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

The current "demonstrations", themselves, have been peaceful. There have been isolated clashes, mostly with, and between, drunken "guards". Unfortunately, some innocents have been hurt in the mix.

Between now, and November, anything can happen.

Although things are controlled, now, there are definitely some uneasy times ahead for Thailand. Unfortunately, discussing the topic is taboo, on TA, and in the Kingdom of Thailand.

November is far enough away that the dust, from the current mess, should be settled. Hopefully, it will be before the big problems start.

Mentioned in this post
9. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 23:07
10. Re: planning trip to bangkok in november 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2015, 05:16