We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Bangkok (Sukhumvit) to DMT Airport

Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Bangkok (Sukhumvit) to DMT Airport

Hello,

Im trying to determine how much time i need after checkout (12pm) to make it to the DMK airport, and what the easiest fastest route is to the DMK airport from Bangkok (Sukhumvit area).

Any help is much appreciated!

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,566 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Bangkok (Sukhumvit) to DMT Airport

Taxi. Allowed 45/60 minutes depending on traffic..

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,075 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Bangkok (Sukhumvit) to DMT Airport

Hi,

Take a taxi and make sure the driver uses the toll road which will speed up the short journey to the airport.

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Bangkok (Sukhumvit) to DMT Airport

We took a cab around 9am and it took us around 30-45 minutes to reach the DMT airport as i remmber. Its around 25KM but traffic jam will require all this time.

Regards,

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
15,003 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Bangkok (Sukhumvit) to DMT Airport

".....easiest fastest route....."

Easiest and fastest is meter taxi direct from the street in front of your hotel to Don Muang.

I would allow an hour for the ride but the ride should take less. I am always at airports a couple hours ahead of time, but that's me. Maybe your airline has some information on when they close the check-in process and a recommended arrival time.

When you do a forum search on this there are a few cheaper options. Read up on how to use meter taxis in Bangkok. Same price for one passenger or full load. Knowing how to use meter taxis in Bangkok will save you money! (Many old posts on Don Muang transportation comes up with a forum search.)

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-c18914/Thaila…

Edited: 09 May 2014, 12:24
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Bangkok (Sukhumvit) to DMT Airport

Thank you everyone, this is super helpful! I will most likely take a metered taxi early in the morning as suggested.

Thanks again.

6. Re: Transportation from Bangkok (Sukhumvit) to DMT Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 05:17