We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you thinkn about this 2 days tour and prices?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
What do you thinkn about this 2 days tour and prices?

This is our first time in Thailand and Bangkok and we will be there only for 3 days. So we are considering to take a tour and got the following suggestion. Can we do this on our own on the given time? would you change anything? (we are not interesing on animals places, unless real rescue places)

Day 1: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market + Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha Temple

+ Temple of the Dawn + Reclining Buddha Temple.

07:30 - Pick up from hotel in city center

08:30 - Stop at train market

09:30 - Get on long tail boat to Floating market, free time

11:00 - Head back to Bkk *possible to stop for lunch at palace area (pay by your own)

12:30 - Visit Grand Palace and Emerald Buddha temple (Wat Phra Keaw)

14:00 - Wat Pho (Reclining Buddha temple)

15:15 - Visit Wat Arun by ferry boat

16:30 - Drop back to hotel

Cost: 8,000 THB for 2 people.

Includes: Private van, tour guide, admission fees, private long tail boat and ferry boat, free lunch stop at restaurant near palace/temple, cool water and towel served in van.

Day2: Ayutthaya ruins city and Biggest Buddha in Thailand

08:00 - Pick up from hotel in city center

09:30 - Head to Angthong Province, enjoy local life, rice field on the way and visit Wat Muang and biggest Sitting Buddha in Thailand, free time

11:00 - Visit Wat Yai Chaimongkol

12:00 - Stop for lunch at Krungsri river hotel

13:00 - Visit Wat Mahathat and Wat Chaiwatthanaram

15:00 - Leave temple to head back to BKK

16:15 - Drop back hotel

Cost: 7,400 THB for 2 adults.

Includes: private car, tour guide, admission fees, lunch, cool water and towel serve in car.

***Book 2 full day tour get 5% discount from total amount.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 17:30
Edinburgh Scotland
Level Contributor
897 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you thinkn about this 2 days tour and prices?

Seems a bit expensive. We were quoted 4000baht for a private VIP van and guide for 8 hours for 4 of us. We have to pay entrance fees but these are very cheap. We were quoted 900 baht per boat for a private long boat. We are going with Tour with Tong who we have used before and is excellent.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you thinkn about this 2 days tour and prices?

The tour guide we use in Bangkok lists similar prices to your quotes (BKK Tours) and at first I thought they were a bit pricey but honestly if you have a fantastic, English speaking guide who doesn't take you to places where they get kick backs then it is SO worth it. We did Damnoen Saduak and Maeklong Railway market last year and even though I like to research there is no way we could have done that on our own.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you thinkn about this 2 days tour and prices?

Day 1

I don't think that is a good price for the value. You are getting back at your hotel by 16:30? I only did the floating market on my tour and got back at appr 18:00.

Also, you are RUSHING through the temples.

I would not think of doing that tour.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,619 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you thinkn about this 2 days tour and prices?

It is understandable to want to see/do as much as humanly possible but your tours do look very busy. I too am concerned that you are really rushing the temple visits, not really an optimal way to visit these attractions.

In particular (Tour 1) attempts to squeeze the entire Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun and return to your hotel in just 4 hours (12.30-16.30pm). This sounds like something out of an Amazing Race episode. I hope you don't end up regretting having so little time at these temples.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do and hope you enjoy your time in Bangkok.

5. Re: What do you thinkn about this 2 days tour and prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16