We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopover time utilization

Which Bangkok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
9 posts
Save Topic
Stopover time utilization

Hi,

I've a stop over of 7 hrs. from 3:20 PM to 10:10 PM in Bangkok airport. I want to go out & explore the city, please let me know what places can i see in this period & how to reach there?

Thanks & regards,

Phani

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,374 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopover time utilization

Does one flight land at 3:20 PM and the other depart at 10:10 PM ??

If 'Yes' then you dont have 7 hours free. It can take approx 60 mins to get your visa etc. You need to check in 2 hours before your 10.10 pm flight. Add another total of approx 1.5 hours travel to and back from Bangkok city. So thats 4 - hours gone.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 13:09
London, United...
Level Contributor
13,374 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopover time utilization

4 - 5 hours gone ..

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,206 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stopover time utilization

Just checking which airport as well, if you are arriving/departing from Don Meuang and arriving/department from Survarnabhumi Airport then that eats into your time even more.

Hyderabad, India
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Stopover time utilization

It will be to & fro from Survanabhumi Airport. Yeah I understand that i will get only 3-4 hrs. What can i see in this time? i checked in few sites & there are good temples to see, but i believe they will be closed by 5:30 PM. Anything else you suggest?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,374 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stopover time utilization

You could do some shopping and have something to eat.

Mullingar, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stopover time utilization

Buy lounge access with Bangkok air services, costs about 20 euro and get food, drink, shower, wifi etc.

7. Re: Stopover time utilization

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17